• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

dantebykiko

Reaction score
i used to roll my cotton y's pants, because they were very long. but the because the cotton was quite heavy it created chunky rolls which look annoying to me, so i took the scissors and cut them just above the roll. now they are cropped pants, with fraying edges.

davidlee388

Reaction score
Selfridges London is selling YY Femme, small selection.....you guys are wincing on the YYPH AW12 prices, check this Look 12 out:-

http://www.selfridges.com/en/Womens...kets/Military-wool-cape_228-3001423-FDC06110/

Jaw dropping piece, with jaw dropping price to match
baldy[1].gif

Glad my wife hasn't seen this yet....

dantebykiko

Reaction score
It's a shame Kiko you passed on the suspender blazer..it's an amazing concept IMO. Whist I applaud your focused vision on wearing Yohji, we have to agree to disagree, it's not as if the suspender series is one dimensional. It does give the wearer options to wear with/without braces. Yohji had the audacity to create a seasonal theme based on this unprecedented idea given some will undoubtedly question its practicality. In fact I think they are supremely versatile. They have all the hallmark ingredients of Yohji-ism i.e. great fabrics, constructions, comfort and silhouette before adding any trick details.
Wire also said a while ago to me how amazing his Suspender Blazer felt when he had it. " It comes alive when wearing it with suspender pants " was his quote
satisfied.gif
the concept it's cool but i would prefer to own jacket that i can actually take off without sweating around. also wearing belt + suspenders it's stupid. yohji can't get it right everytime right, even with all the elements you named. the shirts are pretty awesome, though, will love to get one of them.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
ikkon
hervia bazaar
vertice london
atelier new york
yoox (old stock)
ebay

actually yoox just posted a bunch of new Ys stuff including some pretty neat blazers and robe/overcoats.

Last edited:

davidlee388

Reaction score
actually yoox just posted a bunch of new Ys stuff including some pretty neat blazers and robe/overcoats.

I always wonder where does Yoox get all these old " new " stock from after all these years because they are BNWT.... many of those Y's you mentioned are from the AW05 Pitti Uomo Runway, really really good, constructed just like YYPH. Shame they are mostly not my size, plus they are stupidly dear ( not normally the case ) for what effectively 7 year old stuff. Baffling
crazy.gif

cupper

Reaction score

I always wonder where does Yoox get all these old " new " stock from after all these years because they are BNWT.... many of those Y's you mentioned are from the AW05 Pitti Uomo Runway, really really good, constructed just like YYPH. Shame they are mostly not my size, plus they are stupidly dear ( not normally the case ) for what effectively 7 year old stuff. Baffling :crazy:

David good to read that about Y's AW05 as I'm waiting for a long shirt from that collection.
Regarding Yoox, perhaps those items didn't sell the first time around or never had been uploaded because they didn't bother lol.

Urthwhyte

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
david, if you're interested in Yoox's business at all this week's New Yorker has a great article on them.

The pattern on that last Y's dress is great, makes me wish it was offered as a print :embar:

repp_fink

Reaction score

where do you guys buy yohji online besides barneys, justoneeye, farfetch, ln-cc, and penelope?
thanks

In addition to those Parker listed, I'll also point out that Forward has some good YYPH pieces from time to time. There's a great size 2 jacket currently on sale for $500 (original ~$1300) -- for some reason, Forward describes it as "plush cloth," but it's actually Yohji's signature black gabardine. I have this jacket, and it's a great staple piece; I'd particularly recommend it for those on this thread who're looking for a good entry point into YY's designs.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
i got size 3, don't forget the eternal code tulip :bigstar:

not sure how forward makes money since their sales are so absurd each season and they have free shipping both ways

Last edited:

davidlee388

Reaction score
anyone handle this? http://www.forwardforward.com/fw/DisplayProduct.jsp?code=YOHJ-MS10&d=Mens

how's the cotton? i think i want to buy it...

edit: i ordered it, if it's not good will return as it's free. thanks for the code!
Hey K, I think it is like the 2 other SS112 shirts that Hervia sold/still selling. I tried both and very nice, regular fit on the Hervia ones though. Fabric code is 067, thin striped cotton. I purchased the buttoned hooded shirt in sz 2 at their break even price I think.

davidlee388

Reaction score
In addition to those Parker listed, I'll also point out that Forward has some good YYPH pieces from time to time. There's a great size 2 jacket currently on sale for $500 (original ~$1300) -- for some reason, Forward describes it as "plush cloth," but it's actually Yohji's signature black gabardine. I have this jacket, and it's a great staple piece; I'd particularly recommend it for those on this thread who're looking for a good entry point into YY's designs.
I may be guessing but Look 46 is available in the plush cotton ( jersey ) fabric as well as gabardine. I have tried that it on in HK few months back ( HKD 9500 retail ) Judging by the retail of usd 1300 ( cheap for a gab blazer ) it may be the case of using a wrong image?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads