• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
very nice ! that long ss00 shirt/jacket , or at least on of the iterations, has a great quote on it (in Korean--was translated here by some kind fellow many pages ago). i was watching that ss07 suspender jacket, went for quite the bidding ride. but not as bad as that ss15 jacket, as i prepared to bid, it had already blasted off to jupiter. 65k for a used piece that retails 88k :violin:

Ulf-S

Reaction score
65k for a used piece that retails 88k
musicboohoo[1].gif

Yes, but it currently retails for the equivalent of around 195k in Europe, for instance...

KongGeorgeVII

Reaction score
I was watching that ss07 suspender jacket, went for quite the bidding ride.

Haha, that bidding ride was all me :p

I was the only bidder for almost the whole time it was up, then in the last hour someone else put in one bid and then the rest of the bids were me slowly justifying going over my budget. My internal monologue was going "you can totally afford another 1000jpy...okay, sure another 1000jpy why not..."

So in the end every bid except for one was mine, and that one bid was still too high for me. I know that there is no advantage to bidding in increments but I seem to have some kind of psychological barrier to just putting in my maximum and walking away. I have to be there at the last minute adjusting my bid just in case.

davidlee388

Reaction score
Hmmmmmm...the excitement and frustration of Y! Jp
smile.gif
angry.gif

Spring is in the air when the hakamas make an appearance.

YYPH AW09 Look 3 Fedora - wool
YYPH SS13 Look 31 Batik Blazer - rayon, optional 5B closure, batwing sleeves, ruched pleats at back, crazy old school oversizeness.
YYPH SS14 Look 24 Clockwork Cut-out LS Shirt - rayon with cotton comlementary parts, blue/white stripes, cut-outs on shoulders and upper arms, unequal length ( longer at the back )
YYPH SS12 Look 39 Hakama Pants - jersey cotton
Converse All Star - canvas.

Last edited:

Harlock66

Reaction score
Well, that was a quick winter....thanks climate change!

So now thinking if the experts here can advise on the best YY cozy summer pants, like hakamas, etc.

Thanks!

vlad-s

Reaction score
So now thinking if the experts here can advise on the best YY cozy summer pants, like hakamas, etc.

I am no expert, but I'm finding that I very much like the standard thick cotton jersey pants that seem to have been a standard reoccurring item over the years. I think they were produced as recently as 2012. Usually the hem is wide, so that my not be your thing. If you can get the cut to work for you they are supremely comfortable pants. Here they are in brown--yikes! Wear them, hate them, destroy them, be freed.

http://www.playful-dc.com/products/details26516_9.html

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 101 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads