• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
The hat seems to fit more like a swimming cap; not just the shrunken brim

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its an old hat.

I got it when I used to coach hs debate. My debater qualified to a very prestigious national tournament even though he was not the typical brainy kid and came from a relatively poor area in NJ. We both got fedoras as a silly way to remember the moment.

Will keep an eye out for something that actually fits me, I just took the picture with it to see how I looked with a hat all all. I liked it even if it was not ideal :)

StevenE

Reaction score
I think you look nice. Look works IMO, bro.

Though personally I always feel awkward wearing a hat.

Last edited:

Arche

Reaction score
I've just put a lower starting price on the YYPH AW 1996 jacket I have up on Ebay (the one with the slashed sleeves), so hopefully this will tempt someone. Of course it's all going to end up being funnelled back into other YYPH purchases!

StevenE

Reaction score
Good luck with the auction. It's an amazing jacket, if it was size 2 or a smaller 3 I'd put a bid in.

Last edited:

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
did someone out-snipe my snipe with 1 second left :laugh:

ss06 the baseball collection ! though the runway images i've seen aren't high-res enough for me to make out whether it was shown or not ... looks like a fun piece, the ramie material is quite breathable on the Y's jacket i have! though it's starting to fade and change colors (worn into another shade of black :slayer:)

davidlee388

Reaction score
It aint a Runway piece, I took a brief look, noticed it's size 3 and moved on. How much did it end at?

Guys please be careful about stuff auctioned on eBay. After a fellow SFer bought maybe a fake YY piece with a label attached on, I've noticed at least 2 pcs ( one of them a multi-zip blouson ) advertised with the silver/grey YYPH tag containing wrong spelling on the words " instructions " and " etiquette " which is simply impossible on a genuine item. The only stuff on eBay totally safe to bid on imo are Rex Woo's comma.comma.... and Arche's/Kiko's of course.

Last edited:

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Yikes! and so it has begun, the inevitable profiteering once a brand gains popular traction (odd it took 30 years to get to this point). Hopefully y!jp and rakuten avoid this infection at least a little while longer...

Jacket ended at $102.something

Last edited:

ArsenalDan

Reaction score
Womenswear FW 13 definitely disjointed but glorious I think: lots of Tim Burton in there.

Arche

Reaction score
Interesting that this issue of possibly fake YYPH items has come up. I'm kind of interested in this issue, so I hope others won't mind if I bring it up again. If I was somewhere with a Yohji store, I would be interested to ask staff whether they have heard of fake YYPH items floating around. Maybe if anyone is in London and happens to visit the Conduit Street store they could ask? I'm still not sure about the jacket that came with the suit I bought. The trousers seem to me 100% genuine. They have the correct looking tag and are very well made, with great attention to detail. The jacket, interestingly, also has what looks like a misspelling on the words "Instructions" (spelled as "Instrctions") and "Etiquette" (spelled "Etiqette").

I was considering confronting the seller about this, and if he didn't have a good explanation reporting it to Ebay. But a couple of things made me have doubts. Firstly, it seems odd that somebody would bother to sell a fake YYPH jacket with genuine trousers. Perhaps, if the jacket is fake, the seller got duped when he bought it from someone else, and then resold it unknowingly (though he claimed to have bought it from the Conduit store, which would raise the question why he lied about that).

But my biggest doubt has to do with the quality of the jacket. As I mentioned a while back, my partner is a dress historian. She's handled a lot of clothing, and has also done work in making reproduction historical dresses. She's had a look at the jacket and says that it is made to the sort of standard you would expect from a high end label like YYPH. I trust her judgment, which raises the following issue: This is either a fake, in which case someone has gone to an awful lot of trouble to make a very high quality fake, only to sell it reasonably cheaply on Ebay; or, it's a jacket from another high-end label, and someone has removed the label, to add the fake YYPH label. Either option seems unlikely. If it is a fake, most likely the guy who sold it to me bought it from someone else who faked it. But I'm assuming that people who make fakes would make them in reasonably high numbers (it's not going to be some guy at home with a sewing machine). If this is the case, the quality seems overkill. I should also add (in response to a question David put a while back), that the buttons on the jacket are definitely horn, rather than plastic.

Anyway, I would really like to get to the bottom of this, not just to work out if I was sold a fake, but also to be more aware in the future. I'd be interested in any thoughts, especially if any of you have the opportunity to ask the staff at a Yohji store. I'm assuming employees of the company would be aware of fakes circulating, if there are any.

Last edited:

PregnantBob

Reaction score

It aint a Runway piece, I took a brief look, noticed it's size 3 and moved on. How much did it end at?

Guys please be careful about stuff auctioned on eBay. After a fellow SFer bought maybe a fake YY piece with a label attached on, I've noticed at least 2 pcs ( one of them a multi-zip blouson ) advertised with the silver/grey YYPH tag containing wrong spelling on the words " instructions " and " etiquette " which is simply impossible on a genuine item. The only stuff on eBay totally safe to bid on imo are Rex Woo's comma.comma.... and Arche's/Kiko's of course.
do you have links to said 'fake' pieces David? This begs further investigation.

davidlee388

Reaction score

TWorksheets

Reaction score

I also found this jacket with the suspect label:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/YOHJI-YAMAM...h=item3a7efe8631&ssPageName=RSS:B:SHOP:US:101

Also, it's hard to tell, but it looks like that zippered bomber has riri zippers, which are pretty $$$ to put be putting on a fake.... Of course they could also be knock off riris lol

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member