• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice to see you on here again wire. That zip suit is really great. All of you are tempting me to hunt one down in my size now :p. Really like the knit sleeves extending past the jacket sleeve. Combined with the zipper makes for a great detail I think.

P.S. Very happy you kept those boots! Don't sell!!! :slayer:

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guy Burgess was able to help me do a "stock check" the last time he was there so I saw they had the look 10s in (at least, it looked like the look 10 pants :lol:). I just hope the difference in length is not that much between 3 & 4. Would love to see you in your pair.

I'm always reading, I've been busy lately. You should get one and then we do the madness homage in paris, so far we are 3

Ah, now you just sold me on it. I should also probably pick up one of the neon coloured boots from this season and do the whole outfit :happy:.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

they only had the look 37 gaba ones when I was in melb in summer/erh winter lol, and they were size 3 and the longest iteration so far. I bought look 10's...
benesyed: you sure you like yohji's clothing? kind of joking, but you seem to dislike signature features of his work. And although it looks good on you, the way you wear things might be closer to other aesthetics and easier to achieve using other designer garments. For example, yohji's pants are either super fitted and they sit on the natural waist, quite uncommon nowadays tho, or they are extremely big, i have some aw08 pants that literally fall dawn without a belt and without even touching my mediterranean ass.

Haha yes very much so. I wear things more conservatively only because i don't have the pieces and i like to start basic and branch out. I still feel shy ESP at medical school. But in my heart I'd wear each and every look :). Once i get those basics I'd like to branch out. I'd love the hakama with Jersey buttondown with hood from spring to be in my arsenal

What designers did you have in mine

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Double post sorry

Last edited:

davidlee388

Reaction score
Nice to see you on here again wire. That zip suit is really great. All of you are tempting me to hunt one down in my size now :p. Really like the knit sleeves extending past the jacket sleeve. Combined with the zipper makes for a great detail I think.
P.S. Very happy you kept those boots! Don't sell!!!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Don't say we don't share info my friend, here one whole suit:-

http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r96045261

They will fit you as well ( in fact they will look fanbloodytastic on you ) and I think it's a good price, ok fair price, especially it's claimed to be 169k new back then. They are rare apart from Asobu, Wire, Kiko and myself all have them
mwink[1].gif
but that's just luck.

Last edited:

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments, guys. Very happy with these, been wearing this suit pretty much every day since I got it. On current rotation with the zipper suit wire so showcased so astonishingly well on the last page. You definitely need to get yourself one of these, Ivwri. Also glad to see a fit from you again, wire! :slayer: WIll try to contribute one or two soon enough...

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've been eye-ing that zip suit, David :) But, would love it if Ivwri got it. would prolly fit you better!

btw, is the original inseam meant to be super short (68cm) ? I think so, but just checking. Get to show more (neon yellow) boot that way. :happy:

Great look today, wire.artist. The hat really finishes off that combo nicely.

Last edited:

wireartists

Reaction score

Haha yes very much so. I wear things more conservatively only because i don't have the pieces and i like to start basic and branch out. I still feel shy ESP at medical school. But in my heart I'd wear each and every look :). Once i get those basics I'd like to branch out. I'd love the hakama with Jersey buttondown with hood from spring to be in my arsenal
What designers did you have in mine

marvielab

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
heheheh, I've been hemming and hawing for a few days... not sure if jacket will actually be too big on me. also trying to hold out for a suit from SS/08 or AW/07.

Last edited:

wireartists

Reaction score

heheheh, I've been hemming and hawing for a few days... not sure if jacket will actually be too big on me. also trying to hold out for a suit from SS/08 or AW/07.

they are quite long, i'm 1,76 and that was a size 3, well...with the boots + insoles I'm probably 1.80

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've been eye-ing that zip suit, David :) But, would love it if Ivwri got it. would prolly fit you better!
btw, is the original inseam meant to be super short (68cm) ? I think so, but just checking. Get to show more (neon yellow) boot that way. :happy:

they seem to be quite long on wire yeah, so they should be fine for you. I think different iterations have different length. I have the pair that are adjustable with buckles on the side instead of zippers, in size 4 with the buckles on the next to lowest holes (lower "proper" setting) they have an inseam of 62 cm. When walking/standing they just about hit the top of my docs, quite similar to some of the cropped pairs off aw07 runway. I like that a lot actually but for winter I probably will have to layer with longjohns/leg warmers underneath, hehe. I have another cropped pair from aw04 that are much longer so it's nice to have the option to go for both.

Last edited:

davidlee388

Reaction score
btw, is the original inseam meant to be super short (68cm) ? I think so, but just checking. Get to show more (neon yellow) boot that way.
happy.gif

Now now boys no need to fight haha. Parker have you noticed this:-

http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n107876003

The exact same iteration of the previous blazer, this is size 2. This had been on Y! for > 4 months and no doubt it can be had without any bidding war. May be because (a) it's not that cheap ( but def worth it ) and (b) rubbish first pic on Y!. My suggestion is this is more your size since it fits big in every way in my iteration in sz 2 so you being 4cm taller will be no problem. Frankly I wager size 3 is more Ivwri's size, see how Wire managed to layer his size 3 with that heavy AW10 4.1 The Men knit. Zipper pants will eventually come up to complete the suit I feel. Btw my suit pants are size 3, big waist ( 35"... ) and I rolled the hem twice to achieve the desired cropped look ( i.e. they are long )

smile.gif

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members