• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here's the second round photographed...

Stonewashed Donegal $149.99

Khaki Linen Stripe $149.99

Lent Silk Twill $149.99

Ice Blue Houndstooth (Cashmere/Silk) $149.99

Creamsicle Linen $149.99

Purple Grenadine $149.99

Paint Brush Blue $149.99

Loro Piana Seafoam Green (Wool Linen Silk) $159.99

Napoli Blue Floret (English Silk/Cotton) $149.99

Bold Blue Floret (English Cotton Silk) $149.99

English Wool/Linen Seafoam $149.99

Navy Italian Grenadine $149.99

The two blue's posted have already sold out, and we're down to the last ones on the Italian Navy Grenadine and the Floral Wool Cotton as well...

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful ties! Rob, I'm getting married in June and I'll be wearing a navy suit (Ring Jacket). I love the idea of wearing a tie like yours for the wedding, I kind of feel like bucking the typical wedding tie trend (glen plaid, shepherd's check, etc)! Any ties in your repertoire you'd recommend?

Thanks!

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Beautiful ties! Rob, I'm getting married in June and I'll be wearing a navy suit (Ring Jacket). I love the idea of wearing a tie like yours for the wedding, I kind of feel like bucking the typical wedding tie trend (glen plaid, shepherd's check, etc)! Any ties in your repertoire you'd recommend?

Thanks!

Congrats! On the conservative side, I think the Dorothy Cashmere would be great for June wedding with a Blue Suit but we've sold out however we also have the same tie coming in red this week! Any of the grenadine's would also work, I especially like the idea of the red grenadine with a Navy Suit but if it's an evening affair the purple would be cool.
http://yellowhook-ties.myshopify.com/products/oxblood-grenadine
http://yellowhook-ties.myshopify.com/products/purple-grenadine

If you want a real wowzer, try the Blueberry Spring Silk
http://yellowhook-ties.myshopify.com/products/blueberry-spring-silk
or my favorite from the bunch the Paint Brushed Blue Six Fold
http://yellowhook-ties.myshopify.com/products/paint-brushed-blue

The texture on the PBBS is just phenomenal and I think that'd be the best choice for a Spring Summer festive occasion.

If there's something specific you're looking for, shoot me a message....we can do a tie on spec for your wedding if there's something you know you'd love. Cost would depend on the fabric, but shouldn't be much different than what we regularly offer.

Sorry I've been MIA for a while, last week my wife had a kidney infection and I had the flu, this week, I had to get my wisdom teeth removed and graciously gave her the bug so we've been hit hard. I hope to get back to work tomorrow, but she'll be home all week. Hopefully then the social media posts can reboot and I'll be a bit more active here.

TO Tie Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Rob, thanks! I love the PBB.

I'll PM you with further questions.

I'm getting married in May. Similar deal, Navy suit though I'm going the 3 piece route.

I was originally going to go with red and love the oxblood but it feels like I am going to a business meeting. I am strongly leaning to the sea foam or painted brush blue.

Decisions..

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats! The sea foam, to me, clashes a bit with my navy, but it's a beautiful tie. I'm planning to wear a micro stiped shirt (blue/white).

The oxblood is tempting as well but I like the look of the gray/blue (paint brushed blue).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads