• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Would you call these shoes "square toed?"

bjornb17

Reaction score
square_toe_shoe.jpg

slideshow_1380856_badguy.1122-BH071.jpg

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

DrHouse

Reaction score
I need a SF ruling here. I have had these shoes for a long time and rarely wear them. They are Ferragamos and are in great shape. Are these "square toed?"

Those shoes are excellent and the toe is actually round. What gives them that heavy squarish look on first impression is actually the extended sole. I'd wear them "as is" and think they look fine. You can take them to a shoemaker and have him cut away the excess sole so it's close to the shoe (I don't know if this is possible so ask an expert) Now the shoe will not appear square at all. Or you can have the sole taken off and a new 1/2 sole sewn close to the shoe.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not really.

However beauty is in the eye of the beholder....

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, can square(r) toed shoes really never be interesting or wearable, and, if not, why not, or is this just a passing fashion? (Dsclaimer, I have one pair of square-ish toed books, which, while they aren't high level style items and are pretty dull, don't seem to cause women to faint or grown men to cry when they see them!).

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

swiego

Reaction score

So, can square(r) toed shoes really never be interesting or wearable, and, if not, why not, or is this just a passing fashion? (Dsclaimer, I have one pair of square-ish toed books, which, while they aren't high level style items and are pretty dull, don't seem to cause women to faint or grown men to cry when they see them!).
Admittedly I don't own any square-ish shoes, but I don't understand where the venom comes from. When I look at human feet, they are at least somewhat squarish on the front inner corners. And there's that 70s-80s look of symmetry where the inside part of the leg is identical to the outside (like zero taper on pants) which keeps coming and going, and I would think the equally symmetric square shoes will always fit that look. So I imagine it'll come and go.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

[COLOR=FF00AA]So, can square(r) toed shoes really never be interesting or wearable[/COLOR], and, if not, why not, or is this just a passing fashion? (Dsclaimer, I have one pair of square-ish toed books, which, while they aren't high level style items and are pretty dull, don't seem to cause women to faint or grown men to cry when they see them!).
No they can't.....:teach:
Admittedly I don't own any square-ish shoes, but I don't understand where the venom comes from. When I look at human feet, they are at least somewhat squarish on the front inner corners. And there's that 70s-80s look of symmetry where the inside part of the leg is identical to the outside (like zero taper on pants) which keeps coming and going, and I would think the equally symmetric square shoes will always fit that look. [COLOR=FF00AA]So I imagine it'll come and go[/COLOR].
-1. Already gone.

Last edited:

DrHouse

Reaction score
No they can't.....
teacha.gif

-1. Already gone.

Admittedly I don't own any square-ish shoes, but I don't understand where the venom comes from. When I look at human feet, they are at least somewhat squarish on the front inner corners. And there's that 70s-80s look of symmetry where the inside part of the leg is identical to the outside (like zero taper on pants) which keeps coming and going, and I would think the equally symmetric square shoes will always fit that look. So I imagine it'll come and go.

Human feet are not squarish at the front and looking at my feet the large toe looks like it's about an inch larger than the small toe. The shoes pictured are not square and in fact they're shaped like a normal foot with the large toe area larger curving to the small toe. It's actually more of a rounder design and it's only the soles that make the shoes look a bit squarish. if he could change the soles the shoes would be very nice.
Really square toe shoes look terrible and I'm wondering if the reason they make them is because it takes a lot less skill to make and you may be able to train workers to do it more easily and they cost less.You'll notice that these square toe shoes are in the lower price range.At least I don't know of any of the better shoes being made square toed. Can you think of one?

jdragon

Reaction score
You should change your avatar too, einie.

As for the shoes, toss them...they seem outdated.

Last edited:

PTWilliams

Reaction score
Are these pointed shoes?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics