• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Worst Actor/Actress?

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We'vebeen here before. search.
besides, you seem to be referring to annoying, of which there are an abundance.
Worst actor: Keanu Reeves, or whatever his f. name is.

Jrslm_Stylin

Reaction score
I'm going to try really hard to be constructive and impersonal on this, but Nicolas Cage for Worst Actor???! Ok, I think Cage is among Hollywood's worst on script selection (seems he'll be in any crap movie as long as they pay him the requisite fee), and it's fair to fault him for being in total junk movies, but he's a fantastic character actor. I'll go as far to say one of the best in the business even though he's terribly used (and ok, it's his largely his own fault). In the same category but worse is Robin Williams, an excellent actor who has been in so many awful movies it's hard to fathom he's capable of great work, but with a good script he's superb.

For Cage: you seen him in "Leaving Las Vegas," the Cohen Bros "Raising Arizona," David Lynch's "Wild at Heart" "Adaptation" (though it was a mess of a film) or "Birdy" (the latter when he was still Nicolas Coppola)? And while neither film was great, Cage's acting in "Lord of War" and "Matchstick Men" was much better than either movie deserved.

Shatner understands irony and doesn't take himself too seriously, so I actually respect him despite the campy nonsense he's sometimes done, and Adam Sandler is a comic who knows he's not a serious actor, so not fair to dish on him as a poor actor, even if you revile his potty humor movies.

My picks for truly terrible actors/actresses:
David Hasselhoff
Chuck Norris (but he was once a top-tier martial arts guy, so we can forgive lacking acting talent, ya?)
Helen Hunt (better than when she started but still lousy)
Milla Jovavich (being extremely hot kinda makes up for a total lack of acting talent)
Denise Richards (ditto--but my God does she look good on or off screen)
Hayden Christensen (but don't blame him for crappy elements in new Star Wars episodes--would've sucked even with a great actor)
Katie Holmes
Van Damne
Ben Affleck
David Caruso
Barbara Streisand
Halle Berry (again, incredibly hot, though, and getting nekked and convincingly faking orgasms on "Monster's Ball" hardly qualifies as great acting--but I hope she does it more often!)

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
How did I forget Katie Holmes? She hardly registered in Thank You For Smoking. Maria Bello, OTOH...

horndog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
James Franco (I wanted to gouge out my eyes in the spider mans)
Nicholas Cage
Keanu Reeves
Colin Farrel
Angelina Jolie
Orlando Bloom
Kiera Knightly

Mauby

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
Don't be hating on Emily Proctor. She's too hawt to hate.
inlove.gif
inlove.gif

If you re-read my post, you'll see I never said anything negative about her looks.
cool.gif

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mauby
...Emily Proctor...is so terrible she makes co-star David Caruso look like Laurence Olivier. That show probably has the worst all-around cast in television right now..

Originally Posted by Thomas
Don't be hating on Emily Proctor. She's too hawt to hate...Miami is only enjoyable when you take it for the silly Boob Show that it is.
FTFY

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

QFT! Best unintentional comedy ever oh and Ghost Rider was **** and you know it.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ratboycom
QFT! Best unintentional comedy ever

oh and Ghost Rider was **** and you know it.

Ghost Rider sucked, but at least Eva Mendez looked pretty good. And Sam Elliot is always awesome.

that clip from The Wicker Man is what I watch whenever I feel like I need cheering up. Anything that cuts from Howditgetburned howditgeburned!!! To side kicking Leelee Sobieski up against a wall of Americana, to the genius close up to extreme pullback on the dock sequence with the dramatic scoring, to Nic Cage being tortured with live bees and screaming MURDERERS!!! Killing me won't bring back your stupid honey!!!

I just have to smile.

Sesame Seed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Zubberah
There are many but for me Nicole Kidman takes the cake. Hasn't made a decent film since BMX Bandits back in mid 1980s. Her face hasn't moved since then either. Totally unsexy. She is the only actor who actually stops me from seeing a film. I'm not alone it seems:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/com...cle5191828.ece

She is more than capable of tanking a picture but I thought she was solid in "˜Margot at the Wedding'. I'm sure sharing scenes with Jennifer Jason Leigh didn't hurt that.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Ghost Rider sucked, but at least Eva Mendez looked pretty good. And Sam Elliot is always awesome. that clip from The Wicker Man is what I watch whenever I feel like I need cheering up. Anything that cuts from Howditgetburned howditgeburned!!! To side kicking Leelee Sobieski up against a wall of Americana, to the genius close up to extreme pullback on the dock sequence with the dramatic scoring, to Nic Cage being tortured with live bees and screaming MURDERERS!!! Killing me won't bring back your stupid honey!!! I just have to smile.
The ghost rider comment was at whoever said ghost rider was ok. On my last day at my old job I had The Wickerman Playing all day on every computer and monitor in the store, continuous loop. Also I changed all the passwords on the computer and set it so they would need a password to get away from the movie. I tried so hard not to laugh in a customer's face when I was discussing software with them and the torture scene came on the screen. Also How could anyone hate David Caruso when he brought you gems like this:
miami.jpg

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mel Gibson and Tom Cruise are mediocre actors better known for being twats off-screen.

Angelina Jolie is pretty mediocre, IMO.

Ben Aflick may not be a great actor, but he is a good guy who lands good roles with good directors.

Russell Crowe is a bloody ledge!

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shaggy sucks. Scooby is OK, but dogs with more formal training should be working in Hollywood.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads