• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Aw HELL no! Tan AND Rust!? You already have all my money!! I hope you get a tequila hangover!!
(Happy Birthday!)

Oh it gets worse. LOL!

More has been added to the DOTD!

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes. Decisions decisions. Herradura, Don Julio, Cabo Wabo, Patron, Avion, 1800 or the bottle of the really good stuff with a name I can't pronounce? Then there's that 1.75 liter bottle of late harvest Zinfandel from the private cellar of the owner of Post Winery. Perhaps I should behave myself. Yeah, who am I kidding? LOL!

Last edited:

cj10

Reaction score
Oh it gets worse. LOL!

More has been added to the DOTD!

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes. Decisions decisions. Herradura, Don Julio, Cabo Wabo, Patron, Avion, 1800 or the bottle of the really good stuff with a name I can't pronounce? Then there's that 1.75 liter bottle of late harvest Zinfandel from the private cellar of the owner of Post Winery. Perhaps I should behave myself. Yeah, who am I kidding? LOL!
when does it end?

cj10

Reaction score
I'm guessing he'll get through the Zin and make a significant dent in the Herradura
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
im talking bout the deal.....haha

jml90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No 13s? :confused:

tmchow

Reaction score
Crane, when I try to add the rust to my cart from its product page, it always adds the brown instead. Perhaps a misconfiguration somewhere?

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Crane, when I try to add the rust to my cart from its product page, it always adds the brown instead. Perhaps a misconfiguration somewhere?

No I just ran a check on it. Clear your browser cache and try again or use a different browser.

tmchow

Reaction score
I've seen the extensive page and posts on waterproofing procedure. What I'm not clear on is the order and relation to boot oil and saddle soap.

For saddle soap, people seem to always recommend kiwi saddle soap. Check.

For boot oil, either filson's or obebauf's. Check.

I know boot oil is for leather conditioning. Not sure what saddle soap is for though.

Also, do you use them all on the leather before waterproofing? If not, what order?

Apologize if this has been covered earlier. I swear I've read 100 pages of threads already and didn't see it :)

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saddle soap is used for cleaning them, after they are clean you oil them up and do so whenever the leather starts to get dry, LP for waterproofing. Clean, condition and waterproof in that order.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
since the search function is totally fubared right now, can a kind soul tell me how one sizes these compared to Aldens (I know I know, noob questions, but not my fault. try searching before you yell at me)

Willin

Reaction score

Saddle soap is used for cleaning them, after they are clean you oil them up and do so whenever the leather starts to get dry, LP for waterproofing. Clean, condition and waterproof in that order.

Crane's,

What brand of oil do you recommend? You should post a link to your care guide in your signature. I can't seem to find it on your site.

Thanks!

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Crane's,

What brand of oil do you recommend? You should post a link to your care guide in your signature. I can't seem to find it on your site.

Thanks!

Why Filson of course. The guides are a work in process. I have 8 or 9 of them that I need to edit/proof and get up. The only thing currently up is the waterproofing tutorial on the main site. Hell, I have to fix that one too. I'm supposed to be a professional photographer and those pics in the tutorial just suck. LOL!

Now you'll have to excuse me. It's time for this boy to say F work it's party time. LOL! I found a different bottle of late harvest Zin from the private stash from Post and it looks like my bottle of Herradura is beckoning me. Dinner first though and then no guarantees on what happens next.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You have about an hour or so left on the deal.

Yes, I had a good time yesterday. I was taken out for dinner and had blackened walleye with a dill sauce that was just awesome. The bottle of Zin lives to see another day and this pic explains everything else...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads