• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

PeteZaSak

Reaction score

Yeah, there is a someone on there who sells the brand new. They put a card with their store location in tx and website but the site sells everything at full price. I just got a pair of 1k mile brown Stockton engineer boots for $260 free shipping. Tends to have sales every so often on listing selling shell 721 ltd's for $585 right now. I'm waiting for restock of tan addison ($235) and regular 1k's when in stock are $225. The Horween Predator leather on the Stocktons is amazing.
Can I have his website?

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, there is a someone on there who sells the brand new. They put a card with their store location in tx and website but the site sells everything at full price. I just got a pair of 1k mile brown Stockton engineer boots for $260 free shipping. Tends to have sales every so often on listing selling shell 721 ltd's for $585 right now. I'm waiting for restock of tan addison ($235) and regular 1k's when in stock are $225. The Horween Predator leather on the Stocktons is amazing.

Could you explain this a little more? You're saying you can get Wolverine 1k Miles for $225 when they're on sale?

Dayman

Reaction score
Could you explain this a little more? You're saying you can get Wolverine 1k Miles for $225 when they're on sale?

Thats the persons normal price on sale they usually take 5 - 10% off. They sell quick but, for the last few weeks a few days after they are gone they are back with more usually, like a pair in 10 different sizes, one pair per size. Hopefully they keep at it. If you search Wolverine 1000 mile you will find them but, right now they don't have any reg 1ks or Addisons like they had last week, im hoping for more soon.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw the proposed Fall lineup of the 1K collection. It looks like a half sole commando style is in the works. Wonder how that happened?

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pics or it didn't happen.

It happened, it's in our Fall catalog. The real question is whether or not it will be produced. Wolverine has been known to include something in their next season catalogs but end up not running them. I really hope this is not one of those cases.

watt

Reaction score
whats some good boot cream thats not silicone based? got some justin boot cream but its colored, not sure how much ill like it. going to try some on the tongue or something to see how much the color changes.

also for mink oil should i just add it right away?i just got my pair of boots and i dont know when i should do all of this :/

Dayman

Reaction score
whats some good boot cream thats not silicone based? got some justin boot cream but its colored, not sure how much ill like it. going to try some on the tongue or something to see how much the color changes.

also for mink oil should i just add it right away?i just got my pair of boots and i dont know when i should do all of this :/

I use Meltonian shoe cream, easy to find at most shoe shops or shoe repair shops and you can get it in neutral. People seem to not care for mink oil on here saying it can break down leather fibers. I'm not sure but, I do use Obenaufs Heavy Duty LP and it works great, online mostly. I Only use it on darker leathers as it tends to make lighter color leathers darker. I have heard good things about Montana Pitch blend as well but. have not used it yet. I usually add my leather care product to my new shoe when i get it new, but it won't hurt to wear it before you apply anything.

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Try spending some time reading through the thread.

Pinhas

Reaction score
Do you guys know if its possible to strip waterproofing wax off the shoe? I applied SnoSeal for waterproofing this past winter, but now I am wondering if its possible to strip some of that wax off to let the leather breath and maybe get back that light color of the brown 1K?

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK so here's what my Addisons look like after a long Winter. Definetly battle scarred but that's to be expected. The weather in MO has been rather mild so rock hunting was the activity of choice. These boots have spent many hours on the gravel and mud bars of the Missouri, Loutre, and Osage rivers not to mention a few dozen small creeks. If anyone here spends any time doing the same thing I'm sure you know all about the black gooey muck found along a river basin. Way nastier than any cow pasture I've drudged through for sure. It also explains why some of the stains are here to stay. I don't think my leather guy could buff them out but then again he may have some magic up his sleeve as well. We'll find out when I get these resoled. I'm thinking this pair might get done up with a rather aggressive Vibram full sole similar to what's found on a logger's boot.

While I was at it I also oiled up my Saddleback satchel which is with me on all these rock collecting activities. Dang thing is tough as nails as well. All I did to both of them was to wipe off the mud and apply liberal doses of boot oil to each. Both are good to go for the Spring rock hunting season....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads