• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Funny you said you just bought Beckmans and 1000 miles. So did I.
I don't see the point in comparing the two as they are both very different boots as xdawes said. The Beckman is definitely very rugged and has a tough rubber sole. It takes a good while to work them in and they get more comfortable when they do. The laces I agree are very waxy and takes a while to get the boot on and off but it's part of the territory I suppose. The 1000 miles are a bit more comfortable out of the box and the sole gives it a bit more flexibility. The laces I agree are better however.
Both incredible boots and I am happy for our purchases.

Add me to the camp of having both.

Agreed that both are solid boots and perfect for alternating them like you would with dress shoes.

I replaced the laces on my Beckman with leather one and as mentioned earlier in this thread, added commando sole to the W1K to make them more Winter friendly.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I was just rooting around on the Wolverine site to see if they'd finally started to offer anything other than the Black and Brown in 3E (they haven't, the F***ers) and saw that they're planning a some Filson collab boots. You guys who are into that should keep an eye out.

milw50717

Reaction score

JDMFanatic

Reaction score
Just got my rust Wolverine 1ks... seems like the right shoe is perfect but the left shoe is a little weird here:

http://i.imgur.com/OjCC2.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/2A60n.jpg

Couldn't capture it very well, but it seems like the leather isn't really stitched down, theres a flap of leather hanging out with glue (?) all over the place, and theres also an extra stitching hole... just wondering if this is purely a cosmetic problem and that it's something that I have to take with these handmade items, or if it's actually something I need to worry about...

For reference, here's the other shoe, perfect:

http://i.imgur.com/eH1aW.jpg

Last edited:

FENWAY

Reaction score
Tough to tell from pics, but if its the welting you're talking about then no worries.

JDMFanatic

Reaction score

One of mine looks exactly like that, and I think this topic has come up before. I don't let it bother me.

Alright, that sounds great then!

Btw, any opinions on treating the sole? I read the whole thread and saw a few people asking, but I think the general consensus is that it's definitely not needed?

bik2101

Reaction score
so if i wear a size 7 in most of my shoes (chucks, AE, clarks desert boots), I would then need a size 6.5? But it doesn't look like there are any sites stocking that size?

doublebb

Reaction score
so if i wear a size 7 in most of my shoes (chucks, AE, clarks desert boots), I would then need a size 6.5? But it doesn't look like there are any sites stocking that size?

Measure your foot using one of those foot measuring devices at any shoe store and go half a size smaller. Chucks and clarks DB's generally fit much different. I wear a 9 in chucks, 10 in Db's and 9.5 in 1k miles. My foot measures a true size "10"

lckychrmsbboy

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as BIK201, I have small feet and not sure I could fit into a 7. A size 7 in Clarks DB are a little big and it doesn't seem like there's anything smaller than a 7 in these.

Is there a real difference from the mens and womens 1k besides the number of lace holes?

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I was just rooting around on the Wolverine site to see if they'd finally started to offer anything other than the Black and Brown in 3E (they haven't, the F***ers) and saw that they're planning a some Filson collab boots. You guys who are into that should keep an eye out.

in case anyone's curious, they just got back to me and said they have no plans to offer anything other than the 2 1000 mile boots in 3E.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LanaBurrell