• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread

mookiej

Reaction score
According to the description, the new tees fit slimmer than the Caligula, which fit me perfectly. I wonder if it's worth sizing up...

Yeah I wish they had a size chart up. I love the new colors, and the Caligula fit pretty much perfectly on me. Wondering if I should size up thanks to my dad bod.

tobiasfunke

Reaction score
Yeah I wish they had a size chart up. I love the new colors, and the Caligula fit pretty much perfectly on me. Wondering if I should size up thanks to my dad bod.

I ended up just ordering a medium (my normal size) and a large in a couple colors.

HeavenResign

Reaction score
If I recall correctly I checked out those brando/westwood tees a couple weeks back when i stopped by Mauro's place. If they're what I remember, the cotton is ridiculously soft and comfy. Not quite bamboo sorona, but damn soft. I really like the 'vintaged' colors, ordered a black one for now

orfane

Reaction score
What's the difference between Westwood/Brando? I've only own Caligula and Felice so the Caligula vs Nero comparison doesn't really help

Edit: Figured it out, its the neck. Leaving the post to memorialize my early morning stupidity.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The size charts are up for the Brando and Westwood. Think Felice for the fit. If you are in good shape stay TTS. I am a large in the new tees but can easily move ( should move) to an XL.
Can't say enough good things about the beanies. It's cold as ****, today so I am happy they finally arrived.
You should be good. If not we can switch stuff out.

mookiej

Reaction score
What's the difference between Westwood/Brando? I've only own Caligula and Felice so the Caligula vs Nero comparison doesn't really help

Edit: Figured it out, its the neck. Leaving the post to memorialize my early morning stupidity.

Yeah just the neck... Westwood is the roll neck, brando is the traditional collar. Based on the size charts, they fit the same

mookiej

Reaction score
The size charts are up for the Brando and Westwood. Think Felice for the fit. If you are in good shape stay TTS. I am a large in the new tees but can easily move ( should move) to an XL.
Can't say enough good things about the beanies. It's cold as ****, today so I am happy they finally arrived.

Thanks for the the size charts!

I have a beanie from a couple of years ago. Soooooo nice! I ended up getting my wife one too. It's been cold this winter so we've been getting a lot of use out of them

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

No, no. Good question.
The differences are the fabrics and necklines. I have to make a new pattern for every new fabric I use. I also do a shrink test for every dye lot of fabric. Because, I garment dye just about everything shrinkage is the trouble maker. Cotton, silk, bamboo...etc all shrink differently. This means even if I use a zero pattern without shrinkage the final result to get to that "zero pattern" will not be the same.
If I used the same pattern for the bamboo sorona as I did for the cotton the fit would be HUGE and jacked up. My pre-shrunk cotton shrinks 7% roughly in width while the bamboo sorona is around 3%. That's a huge difference when we are talking about over all width and length. This is why no two tees ever fit the same. Garment dying is the hardest thing do in terms of simple knits. Shrinkage is ALWAYS different. That's why there is a given 2% total for tolerance from the factory which is about .5 inches.

In short every time I use a different fabric, I will give the new fabric and pattern a different name.

orfane

Reaction score
No, no. Good question.
The differences are the fabrics and necklines. I have to make a new pattern for every new fabric I use. I also do a shrink test for every dye lot of fabric. Because, I garment dye just about everything shrinkage is the trouble maker. Cotton, silk, bamboo...etc all shrink differently. This means even if I use a zero pattern without shrinkage the final result to get to that "zero pattern" will not be the same.
If I used the same pattern for the bamboo sorona as I did for the cotton the fit would be HUGE and jacked up. My pre-shrunk cotton shrinks 7% roughly in width while the bamboo sorona is around 3%. That's a huge difference when we are talking about over all width and length. This is why no two tees ever fit the same. Garment dying is the hardest thing do in terms of simple knits. Shrinkage is ALWAYS different. That's why there is a given 2% total for tolerance from the factory which is about .5 inches.

In short every time I use a different fabric, I will give the new fabric and pattern a different name.

That is super interesting and good to know. I love knowing these sorts of details, thanks

gunslikethese

Reaction score
Just wanted to chime in and say I love the sweatpants. I ordered the navy ones last time, and ordered the black ones yesterday. As a skinny dude with skinny legs, the fit is great for me.

psychodealer

Reaction score
Just wanted to chime in and say I love the sweatpants. I ordered the navy ones last time, and ordered the black ones yesterday. As a skinny dude with skinny legs, the fit is great for me.
How warm are they?

I have a M Shaggy tee in black also (U-neck) if anyone wants to buy it from me.

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At the risk of beating a dead horse... any update on those sweaters? We still good for a GMTO in the next few weeks?

gunslikethese

Reaction score
They're pretty warm, although I wouldn't say they're more or less warm than other sweatpants I've had previously. I did get them to lounge around the house in during the colder months, but I am from San Diego so the cold is relative.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads