• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I strongly prefer self plackets whenever possible. I find plackets sewn on as separate pieces bring too much attention to the placket itself, and make it look a bit more like underwear.

While the quality leaves a lot to be desired (especially given the price), my favorite henleys on the market from a pure design perspective are John Varvatos's, and it's particularly because of the placket design: (I could do without the shoulder details)
505313217_1_TopFront

That said, I also know a good fabric can compensate for heavier design elements...some Eidos shirts have more substantial plackets but they stand out less because of how light and flows their fabrics are. I expect the silk-modal blend, at least, to be the same no matter what placket design Mauro chooses.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We are trying our best to have everything ready before the 20th.

Here is what we are making-
The colors are black, white, dark blue, chicory, olive green, Ombré dark taupe to black, egg plant, and a couple others.
Heavy weight long sleeve and short sleeve bamboo sorona tees in rool neck, v-neck, and crew.
Sweat pants ( size like the "jim" shorts)
Hoodies
Ombré sweatshirt that was pigment dyed and then garment dyed
New pigment dye in a wonderful shade of green

The sleeves of the long sleeves tees are a little long and the forearm has been widened. This is so you can push up your sleeves without stretching and in the past people just wanted a wider forearm.

The sweats are very limited in quantity. To be totally honest so are the tees. I think the largest amount of one size produced was taupe to black ombré in Medium and it was only 16 pieces. The average is around 40 units per colors per style.
Rewards members will of course get dibs before I do a Christmas/Holiday sale.

chickenfark

Reaction score
selling a medium before dinner short sleeve party pigs with darts removed for $70, lmk if you're interested. (picture is not mine)

AXYonVh.png

HeavenResign

Reaction score
the forearm has been widened. This is so you can push up your sleeves without stretching and in the past people just wanted a wider forearm.
i get why some people would want this but man the slim forearms on the old ones were great, allowed the sleeves to stack beautifully. the shirts worked super well with all the silly Julius stuff I wear because of those kinds of details

but it's been three years since the last round of long sleeve bamboo sorona's and i wanted more of the last ones so badly so i'll trust in mauro that they're dope

Last edited:

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll provide a visible vote of support for broader forums. I wear just about all my long-sleeve shirts with the sleeves pushed up most of the time, and since I began lifting more I've had all sorts of problems with forearm tightness. That's just me, obviously. But I dig it.

Also, a dark taupe to black ombre sounds excellent. Looks very Robert Geller in my head, and I love Robert Geller, so I'll be all about that. Can't wait to see how the dyeing process turns out, too.

Hiamosey

Reaction score
Disclaimer: I contacted Mauro and asked for an opportunity to review a sweatshirt. I received them for free. Mauro asked me to post a review.

This is my first experience with Wolf vs Goat. As a long-time member of Style Forum, I was familiar with the brands aesthetic and have been interested in the label for some time given its stellar reputation for quality material and construction at a (relatively) reasonable price. Anyway, here are my thoughts:

Fabric: In my opinion, this is the selling point for most WvG fans; Mauro offers a variety of interesting, unique, and quality fabrics. Both tops and bottoms are constructed of piece-dyed, 100% cotton, knitted in Italy. The color truly stands out. My ****** Note 8 does not do it justice. The Blue reminds me of Reigning Champs “steel” Falls nicely between Royal and Navy. It is similarly comparable in weight to RC’s mid-weight offerings. However, in terms of hand, it does not feel as soft or “luxurious” as I would have expected. I was slightly disappointed in that regard. Surprisingly, the sweatpants had a softer hand than the sweatshirt. Overall, I loved the color, but everything else about the fabric seems simply satisfactory.

Construction: I expected a well-constructed garment. There’s really not much to say. The stitching is well-done without a noticeable error. Upon first inspection everything looks great. At this price point, quality control should be a priority for every label, but we all know that isn’t always the case. It might sound like a low-effort observation but it’s important to note the lack of imperfections.

Fit: As an outsider to the WvG brand I’ve always been a little confused about the fits. Before Dinner, Monkey Arms, etc. I’ve obviously never had a chance to dial in my size. Mauro requested my waist and chest measurements and told me an XL would work. For reference: I have a 44” chest and a 35” waist. The sweatshirt fit is spot on. Slim but still manages to drape nicely. I could bundle up with a t-shirt and flannel underneath and not feel constricted. The sweatpants are a slightly different story. While I have a tall/slim build, and generally wear slim/straight cuts, I have large calves and cannot fit a strong taper. I love these sweatpants, the fit is perfect up top, but the taper is a little too strong. They hug my calves too much. As a result, I would wear them around the house, given how comfortable they are, but wouldn’t step outside in them. I don’t normally go out in sweatpants but sometimes I’d like to run a little errand if that makes sense.

Overall, I was happy with what I received (it was free, duh). Mauro has a reputation for quality clothing and I was given two quality garments. Can’t complain. I am very interested in seeing how these are priced. If they’re in the $100 to $150 range you normally find RC products I would find them harder to endorse. I think there are better options available in that tier. With that said, they’re clearly a step above cheaper offerings like Todd Snyder/Champion or Gustin (sweatshirts I have sitting in my closet).

I know a couple of these reviews have already been done but I’m happy to answer any questions ya’ll might have.

And I apologize for the mediocre pictures. Edit: fit pics came out terribly. I’ll re-take when I get home.

Pictures: https://imgur.com/a/4AkjM

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sweat pants look great. Any plans on coming out with a not so slim version?

Last edited:

plato

Reaction score
So, then, is there a December drop of cotton sweatpants and sweatshirts followed by a January drop of bamboo-sorona sweatpants and sweatshirts?

OhHello

Reaction score
Belated, but I also have a strong preference for self plackets. Mauro, I loved the cotton henleys from 3 (4?) years ago so much I bought 5 different colors. Wearing one today:
861020DF-E5F7-45F2-BF00-9F083AABDC55.jpeg

The fabric is just so substantial, you can tell by the way the elbow is creased in “rolls”. Great tag too :-D:
C5B810B7-A007-4A11-987A-7C3CE7B4E2DB.jpeg

jmaudi0

Reaction score
Belated, but I also have a strong preference for self plackets. Mauro, I loved the cotton henleys from 3 (4?) years ago so much I bought 5 different colors. Wearing one today:
View attachment 892785

The fabric is just so substantial, you can tell by the way the elbow is creased in “rolls”. Great tag too :-D:
View attachment 892787

I've bought at least 1 henley from WvG the past 4 years and that years model is by far my favorite. The material is amazing. Its almost crunchy...I don't know how to describe it. It's perfectly beefy. I'd buy every color again from that year if I could.

psychodealer

Reaction score
I've bought at least 1 henley from WvG the past 4 years and that years model is by far my favorite. The material is amazing. Its almost crunchy...I don't know how to describe it. It's perfectly beefy. I'd buy every color again from that year if I could.
He should make a natural colored one!!

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am working on the henley's.
So......
The factory didn't finish all the new stuff like they were suppose. I am a tad upset. They did finish about half. I will do a rewards member drop tomorrow and one the following day or Thursday. All the new Ombré and double dips are stupidly nice.
I have heavy and light weight long and short sleeve bamboo sorona, included will be the Italian sweat stuff.

PLEASE for all that is holy, read the size chart and care instructions. The Italian made goods are fitted. If you want more room, I suggest sizing up. The sweats are awesome but tapper aggressively from the knee down. They look rad on, however they aren't for everyone.
Same with the hoodie. This is just me but people with a long torso or long arms sit this one out. Regular and short waist people this is your jam.

Email will drop tomorrow later in the day.

junglcmndo

Reaction score
Not sure I did Not receive a newsletter and I think Mauro said only rewards members first so maybe just getting put up on website?

Last edited:

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am putting items on the website now. Rewards members can dig in if they would like or wait til Thursday when everything drops.
The colors are for realz.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads