• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread

NotClever

Reaction score

Yeah 1/2 were refunded :(  Which ones did you order?

I ordered the navy on blue lightweight wool and the vibrant blue, both in predator. Curious if that means they didn't meet MOQ or if there were more orders than fabric and I got bumped out.

Going to have to go somewhere else to get some lightweight trousers I suppose.

staeyoung

Reaction score
Definitely longer shirt length for the U-neck. My very first WvG bamboo sonora tees fit longer than the last two iterations (is it just me or did anyone else notice this change? know the reason it was changed?) and I like the first ones way more. It drapes flows better due to the extra length. Fits like a semi long line t which would work well with the streetwear vibe of a U-neck.

Also I would prefer black as I have dark(?) nipples and any hint of sheerness exposes them. Even the heavyweight bamboo sonora in white was too "see through".

Slightly looser would be cool. Cool seam details and curved hem would be cool as well but not necessary.

Unfinished hem. Rough edge or rollneck. No ribbing.

goldenbear

Reaction score
I'm solid on the floral shirt when it come available. I'm generally not into conversation starters. I love a good floral shirt in non-obnoxious pattern.

NotClever

Reaction score
Dang man. If he can't reach MOQ for navy freakin' trousers I'm doubting we'll ever hit it for any trousers again except maybe some crazy patterns or something.

In that case, I'm open to suggestions for quality lightweight trousers in a fit along the lines of predator.

chupas

Reaction score
Dang man. If he can't reach MOQ for navy freakin' trousers I'm doubting we'll ever hit it for any trousers again except maybe some crazy patterns or something.

In that case, I'm open to suggestions for quality lightweight trousers in a fit along the lines of predator.
Actually I think it was only the vibrant blue that were cancelled. The email was a little ambiguous but I'm pretty sure the navies are still being made.

NotClever

Reaction score
Actually I think it was only the vibrant blue that were cancelled. The email was a little ambiguous but I'm pretty sure the navies are still being made.
Well, I got refunded for both, so if I get some in the mail I guess I'll owe mauro ;).

gunslikethese

Reaction score
That's too bad about the pants. The cut of the Enzos aren't as slim as I would like, but the price is decent enough that I would order them and just get them tailored to my preference. I just didn't have the money to spare at the time.

taint it sweet

Reaction score

Definitely longer shirt length for the U-neck. My very first WvG bamboo sonora tees fit longer than the last two iterations (is it just me or did anyone else notice this change? know the reason it was changed?) and I like the first ones way more. It drapes flows better due to the extra length. Fits like a semi long line t which would work well with the streetwear vibe of a U-neck.

I noticed the change too. The first ones were better. The last couple feel like I need to keep adjusting them to keep them from riding up my back.

Samir

Reaction score
That's too bad about the pants. The cut of the Enzos aren't as slim as I would like, but the price is decent enough that I would order them and just get them tailored to my preference. I just didn't have the money to spare at the time.

Yeah, Enzo fit just doesn't for me either - I have two unworn Enzos sitting in my closet to prove it. I ended up buy Unis Gio Skinnies which are no better made than WvG pants and are pricier at retail, the top block just fits better. I haven't tried the W+H Westpoints but I imagine the Enzo construction is as good as anything on the market.

OhHello

Reaction score
That's really too bad about the summer trousers. I ordered the mohair-wool and the linen-viscose, and haven't received a refund yet, though. Has Mauro actually said they were not going to be produced?

In other news, I have tee shirt fabric swatches from Mauro. I took a couple photos, but they really don't capture anything that you can't see in the blog post - I'm not a photographer. Here's the info I've got:

Avocetta (49% cotton, 51% linen) - Interesting 2-layer knit. What I assume will be the inside layer is softer, and the outer layer is more open. It feels quite nice and light, surprisingly soft for this much linen, and I'm sure it will breathe extremely well. It also has a really appealing texture This one is only available dyed black, apparently, and Mauro is planning to make henleys with it. I'm probably most excited about this one (along with our U-neck).

Opossum (95% linen, 5% something stretchy) - This one naturally rolls up, and Mauro is making going with that natural tendency and making roll neck tees. It's knit considerably denser than the Avocetta, and feels great. It's really a lot softer than any linen I've ever felt, and Mauro plans to overdye it, which will make it even softer. I'm impressed.

Verbena (77% linen, 23% silk) - If you're looking for the lightest shirt possible for summertime, this is what you want. The other fabrics feel like they'll make great summerweight tees, but this one is noticeably lighter. As the blog post says, this one's kind of sheer, but it will be overdyed, which will beef up the fabric some. This one also has an impressive handfeel for this much linen, and it will get softer when overdyed. Mauro was thinking he'd probably do henleys of this as well.

Fenice (77% modal, 23% silk) - Oh man. This is a nice fabric. Fantastically soft and silky, and I can tell Mauro wasn't kidding about how well it will drape. So excited for the U-neck. Speaking of the U-neck, Mauro sent me a message saying he made up a sample. I haven't seen it yet, but I'm hoping it shows up in a newsletter or blog post this week.

Apparently there's another tee fabric that's currently being knit. It's 100% cotton and super slubby. I like nice cotton, so that could end up being pretty tempting as well.

I also got a swatch of the bamboo/sorona/cotton fleece. Whatever he makes out of that fabric will be awesome. The combed side of this is so damn soft. Whoever was worried about the presence of cotton in this blend making it too stiff definitely shouldn't be worrying.

I'll put up a poll of some sort for the U-neck this week.

Last edited:

goldenbear

Reaction score
Yeah, Enzo fit just doesn't for me either - I have two unworn Enzos sitting in my closet to prove it. I ended up buy Unis Gio Skinnies which are no better made than WvG pants and are pricier at retail, the top block just fits better. I haven't tried the W+H Westpoints but I imagine the Enzo construction is as good as anything on the market.

I had my first pair taken out at the waist and it worked well. For some reason, two places I took my second pair to refused to do the same (including the place that did the first pair). They were Korean so I couldn't really get into details with them. But the husband and wife were fighting about it and the final result was no. I guess the wife had the final say.

Last edited:

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
U neck sounds good. Some of thes fabrics would make a nice long sleeve tee or tunic style shirt, like what Inis Meain does.

taint it sweet

Reaction score
Got the tees newsletter. Anyone have an idea if they're going to be the length of the last two batches or the slightly longer ones from a few years back?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads