• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wings + Horns SS14

j0tunheim

Reaction score
Damn....Combat vests are selling out real quick at retail. Is black friday the earliest sale? Not sure I could hold out that long, only a couple Canadian stockists still have my size in black and it's frickin middle of September. As asked by someone else a few posts back, are these worth it? I know they're not $275 plus tax worth it, but can anyone with last years version attest that they are warm? Seem so thin and unsubstantial...

ricesuit

Reaction score
Quote:
i have last f/w's, and it's thin because it's thinsulate-- it's still really warm though. i usually just layer it under the fishtail from last f/w. however, i got it on employee discount... i don't think $275 is a good idea at all lol. better off getting ULD from uniqlo tbh

nkwu

Reaction score

Current designer is Davidson Monalto, correct?
I didn't realize there was a new guy coming in.
The first guy was Brian Mendoza, I know he's done a few things with Nomad in Toronto but other than that I wonder if he's been designing elsewhere?

Mendoza was with HBC for a while? Dunno what brand he's working with now.

Mehmet Korkmaz

Reaction score
Looks like the next anniversary project is Canada Goose x W+H. I don't know if this is a good or bad thing.

Hi guys,

I'm relatively new to W+H. I really want to purchase their hoodies as people have been talking about 'em for awhile. I know the most famous model is the tiger fleece but I have searched most online stores and couldn't find one. 

Is it worth on getting one now? If so, should I buy the terry, pique, cabin fleece or the base? Money is no problem as long as those extra money I put on worth it.
I also found a used tiger fleece hoodie at the marketplace, should I buy that instead?

Cheers 

You just missed out. FW13 was the last year of W+H tiger fleece. It's been 'discontinued' and moved to Reigning Champ, so if you want to buy one brand new, look for it there. If you're looking for fleece, perhaps the double brushed fleece hoodie. Cabin Fleece is super-thick and has a sort of thin perforated lining bonded to the inside of the fleece. I suppose it makes it warmer and resistant to pilling, but it's a very heavy fabric.

Last edited:

Seacrest

Reaction score
I've now seen the Canada Goose X Wings collab in person. It is unreal!!
Drops October.10th in retail shops

Raindrop

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this and the waxed foul weather bomber are the only W+H pieces i've kept after being head to toe in the **** in 2011

Yeah what's with the garbage they put out these days.

Last F/W was borderline ok..this one is ZZZZZZzzzzzzzZZzz.

Last edited:

linds_15

Reaction score
was not too impressed with the goose collab but i saw it in stores today and it is a mighty fine jacket. still wouldnt spend near 1200 on it though

Mehmet Korkmaz

Reaction score
Is it $1200? That's pretty much in line with W+H standards nowadays. Canada Goose's premium line, Branta, clocks in at about the same amount.
Still wouldn't buy it, though. A puffy down parka is a puffy down parka, no matter how much you dress it up.

DrinkOrDie

Reaction score
Man their clothing is really nice but pricing seems a bit high for me. I'm looking at their PRIMALOFT COMBAT BOMBER but at $440.

I understand they are using primaloft material but damn!

Does anybody own this bomber jacket and have any input on it?

Last edited:

Poomba

Reaction score
Who is the first Wings and Horns stockist to deep discount stuff? There are a few things in this current season that I want to get.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads