• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wings + Horns F/W 2011

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The thing is, the bomber's waxed cotton outer is heavy duty and dense. This, plus the light fill, quilted cotton lining and heavy duty ribbing is going to be a nice warm jacket.

But, I have to believe that the Down Parka is a step up in warmth. It has down filling, right? And it looks designed to be the warmest offering they have for Canada winters.

For reference, the coldest it gets here is about 40-50 F and I feel fine with just a tshirt and the bomber. At under 50 F, I don't feel toasty in it, but I'm also not cold. I imagine, if it gets near 30 and it's raining/windy/wet, I would probably want another layer or the down jacket.

max-t

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my northfaces from high school years are probably warmer than the w+h down tbh.

Feji

Reaction score
Since the inside lining on one elbow sleeve on my bomber has split open, I've seen the inside lining for the arms...and it's very thin. The biggest thing I can see that makes the bomber feel so warm is what Dbear just said. The tight heavy duty ribbing along the bottom and cuffs hold in your body heat. Add in the waxed cotton outer being non-porous so it keeps cold air out, and your body heat in. The down parka works differently as it breathes better, a thicker insulation (read: big puffy coat) is needed to retain body heat.

I've worn the bomber in wintry mix/blizzard like conditions...with just an ofxord under it and it was fine. The only thing that will probably keep me from wearing it when it gets sub freezing is the tight ribbing doesn't let me wear gloves well. The down parka from last year doesn't have elasticized cuffs, so I can wear gloves easy with it when it gets to sub freezing temps.

deem

Reaction score

Blasphemy ^

Went ahead and snagged a bomber in a small.. hope this works out for me! I couldn't resist the 50% off.. ;)

haha. Congrats on the pick-up. It is such a great price, but living in the Los Angeles, I wouldn't be able to use the jacket much. Although, I do go back east a few weeks each winter. Hmmm...

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, looking for a gray tiger fleece hoody in small. Don't really care which season, just in new or like new condition. PM me, thanks!

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Hey guys, looking for a gray tiger fleece hoody in small. Don't really care which season, just in new or like new condition. PM me, thanks!

Small is likely too small for you, considering the measurements I've seen you post. I wear a medium and take a small in everything else Wings.

max-t

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah i'm a small in everything from wings too and the small wine tiger fleece is too small, prolly gonna sell it. i'm 5'8 135 for reference.

Patrick James

Reaction score
Unless you're grabbing a brand new tiger fleece hoody for $75-$80 I'd say they're not worth the money. Spend the extra coin and get the heavier ones.

Last edited:

apparition

Reaction score
Their hoody sizing is indeed weird. I'm XS in most everything (including a w+h button up) but their hoody in S is perfect.

Unless you're grabbing a brand new tiger fleece hoody for $75-$80 I'd say they're not worth the money. Spend the extra coin and get the heavier ones. 

What other brands have slim hoodies?

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
first dibs to you guys, gonna post 2 new s/s heathered loop hoodies to classifieds this weekend, burnt orange/red and olive/charcoal in medium, 140 shipped each or $270 shipped for both

Brinbro

Reaction score
I stuck true to my W+H size for the tiger fleece this season, but I could have probably sized up. Right now i can't wear much of anything but a tee under the hoodie. I'd size up.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I stuck true to my W+H size for the tiger fleece this season, but I could have probably sized up. Right now i can't wear much of anything but a tee under the hoodie. I'd size up.

I only plan to wear a tee underneath, and I want to wear a slim ToJ over it, so I think I'll try the Small. Might end up on B&S tho, who knows

deem

Reaction score

At 6' 145 would I be a medium in the Tiger Fleece hoody? Thanks!

Based on my sizing, I would say that a M would work for you. It would depend on if you are planning to layer under it or just stick to tshirts or thin l/s shirts. I am 6'2 160 and I like how a L in this season's tiger fleece fits me. I mostly just wear tshirts and button downs under it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads