• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wings + Horns F/W 2011

fogg

Reaction score

I'm looking for a Nomad proxy. Anyone in the Toronto area wants to help? I be willing to proxy back anything from Vancouver and of course pay you for your troubles.
Please PM me, thanks!

If anyone's willing to do this I'd be interested, too - especially if they are still doing an extra 10% off instore. Looking to buy a jacket and that extra 10% would really help (as would the lower tax in Ontario and more realistic shipping than the $50 they're asking for). I'm in Vancouver, too, if it makes any difference.

Last edited:

Urijah1086

Reaction score
Putting my Mac Jacket up for sale..its a size small, only tried on. check the b&s for a great deal!

Last edited:

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

you know your store has high shipping costs when you got people doing domestic proxies

This.

Quoted and I concur.
Wtf it should be practically free.

Canadapost shipping Canada-wide is around $15.
As a business they probably get a fat shipping discount too.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Nomad's policy is especially bizarre considering how nice their website is, and how much effort they put into photographing their stock and keeping it updated. I've literally loaded my cart on their site, gone to checkout, and said "ahh, *******" because I got to the shipping cost. I know a lot of other forum members have as well. I understand if they want to focus mainly on in-store stuff, but they clearly put a lot of effort into making their site look good, and keeping it updated, only to discourage customers from buying with exorbitant shipping costs.

max-t

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
indeed, it's a real shame. roden does free shipping + no taxes on big orders while nomad hits you with even more expensive shipping on big orders and taxes. i don't get it.

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

indeed, it's a real shame. roden does free shipping + no taxes on big orders while nomad hits you with even more expensive shipping on big orders and taxes. i don't get it.

I remember there was a discussion about this very issue somewhere...

89andy

Reaction score

Arn't there no taxes regardless if shopping online unless you are in the same state (in the US)?

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Arn't there no taxes regardless if shopping online unless you are in the same state (in the US)?

You're supposed to declare it on your taxes later, but no, there's no tax collected at the time of purchase if you purchase non-regulated products from out of state (some states don't have sales tax altogether).

Last edited:

velomane

Reaction score

I've literally loaded my cart on their site, gone to checkout, and said "ahh, *******" because I got to the shipping cost. I know a lot of other forum members have as well.

Done that too. What a rip off, or, at least, that how it seems to me.

Gmas

Reaction score

If anyone's willing to do this I'd be interested, too - especially if they are still doing an extra 10% off instore. Looking to buy a jacket and that extra 10% would really help (as would the lower tax in Ontario and more realistic shipping than the $50 they're asking for). I'm in Vancouver, too, if it makes any difference.

Don't think Ontario has lower taxes than Van. If you get someone to pickup something in-store for you, it's gonna be 13%.

bwahahahaha

Reaction score

Done that too. What a rip off, or, at least, that how it seems to me.

Yep, add me to the list. Absolutely absurd, I just don't understand why they put so much effort into their online store if they're going to dissuade people from ordering anything through outrageous shipping costs. I honestly only use their site now to view additional pictures before ordering from elsewhere.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads