• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wii Netflix is absolutely terrible.

CrazyJ

Reaction score
I hate waiting for movies in the mail, so I thought this would be a great alternative. I'm okay with the no HD part too, since my TV doesn't have HD capabilities anyway (70in. big screen from the 90's)

Here's what has pissed me off:

the movies available for instant queue on the Wii SUCK ASS!

It's like going to blockbuster, taking all the cool titles off the shelves, and then leaving me to pick something out of all the crappy no-name **** and rip-offs. Not only is there barely any new titles available (Zombieland is the newest one right now... jesus ******* christ), I can't even watch any decent movies that were released over ten years ago!

The selection is horrid. Try looking up one genre of movies, horror for example. A total of 8 pages, maybe just under 200 movies, of ABSOLUTE CRAP. Maybe 5-6 actual known horror movies, that I've already seen over and over. Every good one that you WANT to watch you have to wait for in the mail. The only line of movies I even bother looking at now in Netflix is the "STARZ" genre, which has a small selection of mediocre movies. I'll go ahead and keep this service since it beats paying $20 for STARZ from FIOS, but ****.

Seriously what a bunch of bullshit. ******* netflix. **** you.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's pretty good on Xbox imo. There is a feature on Netflix's website that lets you add movies to view on the instant queue for your Xbox, is it not the same way for the Wii?

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my blu-ray player has netfilx and i just add stuff via the netflix website. do they censor stuff available for the wii or something?

CrazyJ

Reaction score
Originally Posted by onion
It's pretty good on Xbox imo. There is a feature on Netflix's website that lets you add movies to view on the instant queue for your Xbox, is it not the same way for the Wii?

That's exactly how I do it. Except about 90% of the movies I'd like to watch don't have the button to add to instant queue. Only the crappy ones.

I'm curious, for those of you who use something else besides a Wii-

Try these three movies, and see if you can play them instantly.

The Exorcist (restored version)
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Paranormal Activity

I want to see if we have the same capabilities or not.

Dan9019

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CrazyJew
That's exactly how I do it. Except about 90% of the movies I'd like to watch don't have the button to add to instant queue. Only the crappy ones.

I'm curious, for those of you who use something else besides a Wii-

Try these three movies, and see if you can play them instantly.

The Exorcist (restored version)
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Paranormal Activity

I want to see if we have the same capabilities or not.

No, none of those are available on instant. I don't know what you're complaining about though. It's a relatively new feature and only a fraction of the netflix database is available but there's a ton of good (and new) stuff. I use it all the time, especially for TV shows on DVD. Just look around.

amnesiac

Reaction score
all of the regular watch instantly is available for the wii. just add to your instant queue on the computer and browse it on the wii.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amnesiac
all of the regular watch instantly is available for the wii. just add to your instant queue on the computer and browse it on the wii.

+ 1

I love netflix for wii, i've caught up on so many seasons of shows, dvds. I like not having to watch them on my laptop or wait for them in the mail. It is super convenient, and seeings how its 9$ a month i'm saving a ton of money over rental places, and redbox.

I love it.

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LOL... werd. My girlfriend's dad bought a Wii explicitly for Netflix streaming (so he says) and he has access to everything everyone else has.

Unrelated question: is there a way to choose a version of a film on Netflix? I want to get the new Criterion edition of Close-up, but I only see the old MGM or Kino or whatever version available for rent...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads