• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why people go to Steak Houses?

sygyzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It seems like you are either extremely picky as Brian says (nice thing to say) or you are ignorant about food (mean thing to say). Either way, it's funny that you blame the corporations and imply that (most) people don't have good taste the same can be said about you.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sygyzy
It seems like you are either extremely picky as Brian says (nice thing to say) or you are ignorant about food (mean thing to say). Either way, it's funny that you blame the corporations and imply that (most) people don't have good taste the same can be said about you.

Short answer is that the OP is a tough one to figure out in any setting. I quote Phil (Joel_Cairo) from another thread:

"This is only slightly less weird than the time you [Dkzzzz] linked to Kenneth Cole chelseas at $62, arguing that they were better than RM Williams (Which make you vomit, IIRC) or the time you said you'd been in the Cole Haan store and found their shoes to be the equal of John Lobb. You are an odd duck."

aybojs

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkzzzz
What corporations have done with American tastes is deplorable.

Given the source, I knew it wouldn't take too long to find the usual "whining about corporate America" root at the base of yet another shrill rant.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
Short answer is that the OP is a tough one to figure out in any setting. I quote Phil (Joel_Cairo) from another thread:

"This is only slightly less weird than the time you [Dkzzzz] linked to Kenneth Cole chelseas at $62, arguing that they were better than RM Williams (Which make you vomit, IIRC) or the time you said you'd been in the Cole Haan store and found their shoes to be the equal of John Lobb. You are an odd duck."

Let me clarify; I said that KC Chelsea are better looking , more stylish than R.M. Williams. RMWs are in fact the ugliest boots I saw people go ga-ga about.
I also said that Made in England shoes, recently surfaced at Cole Haan store are indeed equal to Lobb or any other British shoes maker. I actually think Lobb makes a lot of overpriced ugly-boats, poorly finished to boot.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aybojs
Given the source, I knew it wouldn't take too long to find the usual "whining about corporate America" root at the base of yet another shrill rant.

Yes man, I must be some crazy conspiracy theorist.

After all, all our food comes from local farms that grow everything in real fields, full of real soil.
And popularity of those delicious snacks, chain food restaurants and refreshing drinks are part of our cultural heritage that we brought with us from our home-countries.

P.S. Schools in US are starting to ban Soda vending-machines from their premises is part of Castro’s plot to bankrupt Coca-Cola.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let me clarify; I said that KC Chelsea are better looking , more stylish than R.M. Williams. RMWs are in fact the ugliest boots I saw people go ga-ga about.
I also said that Made in England shoes, recently surfaced at Cole Haan store are indeed equal to Lobb or any other British shoes maker. I actually think Lobb makes a lot of overpriced ugly-boats, poorly finished to boot.

One can always count on dkzzz to write something more inane than the previous inane thing he wrote. Always beating his own world record!
laugh.gif

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aybojs

What, you didn't know that lasagne, pizza, ribs, and Memphis BBQ were all invented in the Frito-Lay test kitchens in 1972?

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I am more than reasonable by eliminating most of those things you mentioned from my diet. Although it is easier for me since I actively dislike all of them.
I can enjoy Penne-Aarabiatta (properly prepared) or thin-pounded French steak with pan-roasted potatoes, not French-fries. If I am really hungry I can succumb to Viennese Schnitzel or Veal Parm. I usually enjoy steak salads.
I hate lasagna just as much as pizza (notice similarity).
I like Middle Eastern shish-kebob or lamb Pilaf with dry fruits.
I like rhubarb/strawberry pie on a layered dough. I like thing open-face bitter-lemon pie. I like variations of Napoleon cake.
I like many middle-eastern sweets - I don't like gummy-bears or M&Ms.
I like profiterole filled with whipped cream and roasted hazelnuts, but I don't like pumpkin muffin or peanut-butter-jello sandwich on wonder bread.
I like a lot of foods. I just don't like food-related products and tasteless vegetables and fruits that American supermarket is full of.

This sounds like something Dr. Evil would say. Do you make meat helmets in the Spring?

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
I think I am more than reasonable by eliminating most of those things you mentioned from my diet. Although it is easier for me since I actively dislike all of them.
I can enjoy Penne-Aarabiatta (properly prepared) or thin-pounded French steak with pan-roasted potatoes, not French-fries. If I am really hungry I can succumb to Viennese Schnitzel or Veal Parm. I usually enjoy steak salads.
I hate lasagna just as much as pizza (notice similarity).
I like Middle Eastern shish-kebob or lamb Pilaf with dry fruits.
I like rhubarb/strawberry pie on a layered dough. I like thing open-face bitter-lemon pie. I like variations of Napoleon cake.
I like many middle-eastern sweets - I don’t like gummy-bears or M&Ms.
I like profiterole filled with whipped cream and roasted hazelnuts, but I don’t like pumpkin muffin or peanut-butter-jello sandwich on wonder bread.
I like a lot of foods. I just don't like food-related products and tasteless vegetables and fruits that American supermarket is full of.

And I thought I wrote inane posts. This is ridiculous.
To eat like you want to eat would take an inordinate amount of time and money.
Sounds like you need to move out of the country, maybe to somewhere without corporations. Somalia is probably nice in the winter.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
And I thought I wrote inane posts. This is ridiculous.
To eat like you want to eat would take an inordinate amount of time and money.
Sounds like you need to move out of the country, maybe to somewhere without corporations. Somalia is probably nice in the winter.

Soups! I forgot about soups( definitely a poor-man's food), but they could be delicious if made by a good cook.
I don't mean those semi-liquid porridge-like things in a can. I mean real soups, I love them.

And just to annoy people: I really like French crepes with Osetra caviar and sour cream.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I can enjoy Penne-Aarabiatta (properly prepared)

Okay, I am going to hate myself. However, what is your defintion for "proplerly prepared"?

You never told me if you were a midde manager, car dealer, or butt-kissing lawyer at a loser firm....

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by borat/balki
And just to annoy people: I really like French crepes with Osetra caviar and sour cream.

They have those on Mipos? Did Yaya-biki make them?

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Okay, I am going to hate myself. However, what is your defintion for "proplerly prepared"?....

I have tasted it in a local restaurant in Florence (properly prepared) and I've eaten it at Vinny-Testas (Italian chain, not properly prepared).

Originally Posted by Piobaire
You never told me if you were a midde manager, car dealer, or butt-kissing lawyer at a loser firm....

I am neither, I am just observant.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads