• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gaga8876

Reaction score
All these other people who responded are not answering your question lol. The answer is NOT just because they think people will pay it, it's because Moncler uses level 4 down, which is the highest grade of down. Level 4 down contains the smallest and (thus) most softest pieces of feather. Also, the amount of this "extra soft down" is a much smaller percentage of the average amount of down that comes off a chick. Most items that boast being made with down usually contain a level 1 or 2 grade of down. Moncler packs their coats full of this down and because the individual feathers are SO small, they make for extremely warm coats. Lol I live in buffalo ny and trust me, the rumors are true we get a LOT of snow and it gets bitter cold. (2 years ago we got 7 feet overnight lol) I've had my Moncler for 3 years and it's the best coat I've ever owned. It still looks like new. The coats also are made very we'll... Fox fur hood on mine.. It's so warm I can't even wear it unless it's freezing out. That is why they're so expensive... Don't get me wrong the brand takes reason for the price too-- but it's not just that.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Moncler opened a store in Houston. If the jackets are really as warm as people say they are, then Houston might not be a good location to open a store.

meFIRST

Reaction score
I just bought a moncler jacket after lusting for one for a while and did my research prior so I thought I would respond here. The Thom Browne line is a work of art, and well as the higher end lines. After wearing this for a while, I came to the following observations

Plusses

- Its a jacket you want to wear when temperates drop below freezing. Its VERY warm, yet VERY light, and extremely packable. You can roll this easily and fit the jacket into a small tote bag if you want to. Try doing that with any other down jacket. This makes it a huge plus if you travel to super cold countries and shuttle to warmer places sometimes. Don't need to worry about lugging this huge coat, the coat collapses and then expands when you need it, flawlessly. I could easily fit the coat into a small carry on, inside the carry on. This is impossible to do with any other puffer jacket

- The down is real down, high quality down and very fine. This makes it light and very warm. Also expensive. There is only so much down feathers, and this is filled with the small fine feathers. A whole jacket filled with small feathers. Weighs nothing yet keeps me very warm.

- Stylish and well constructed. Moncler uses Polyamide which is better than Nylon.

- If you stop by the boutiques, its quite the experience. Excellent service. In the US there is one in New York, Las Vegas,, LA and I even saw one in Honolulu? ( huh) and Singapore ( huh?)

Negatives

- Its very expensive. I recommend getting this in Europe if you can. ( prices slightly less than in the US)

- Polyamide easily burns so be careful if you walk on the street with people holding cigarettes, a lot of people have their jackets damaged because of this. Its a very light material but don't get it near a fire. Trade off

- Treft magnet. I personally know someone who had his moncler jacket stolen from the overhead bin on a plane. I put a tile locator app on mine.

Toss up
- It seems that this is the IT must have jacket in China and Korea, the same way every woman in Japan wants a Louis Vuitton bag. Gets attention in Asia.

And finally a word caution
- Do not, do not ever buy your jacket on line from moncler.com . Moncler.com is run by Yoox Net-A-Porter, in collaboration with Moncler. I had high hopes with the store since I am a Mr. Porter EIP ( lol "Extremely Important Person" their VIP shopping service) , but service and follow up is virtually non existent, there is no number to call, delivery took forever, they didn't answer emails, and charged my card in the tune of several thousand dollars despite not sending the jacket. Do what I do, buy it at a boutique. The boutique experience is good. Moncler.com is useless.

- Beware of fakes. No eBay etc. Before you buy check. Moncler has an authenticity site, code.moncler.com where you can check the authenticity of the jacket. At this price point, I want the real thing. And there is a difference between real vs fake, the real one will use fine down in high percentages. The fake ones use mystery filler, who knows and mystery materials. Save a bit, work harder, buy the real thing.

Last edited:

Rip Off

Reaction score
Yes, this "bomber" jacket makes me feel really great!

kimmon.jpg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members