• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Psalms also says: "Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones."
Try using a little common sense when you quote scripture!

Weirdest necro-bump/first post combination ever.

duggyald

Reaction score
Polyester helps the fabric last longer but the bad thing is it can be environmentally hazardous since it hardly erodes.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Now I know why, thank you for that pearl of ancient Hebrew wisdom! To get around this ancient law of Moses, perhaps I will wear clothes woven with three materials to avoid eternal damnation.

God himself may frown upon thy insolence but do not to worry, for Moses will not judge thee for wearing the blended cloths from hell. You may find that the book of Leviticus does indeed hold very profound wisdom. The chapter in question referred to in this thread > http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Leviticus+19&version=NIV

Last edited:

spicey

Reaction score
Polyester enhances disgusting body odour by about 100%, do not sit next to anyone on public transport who wears this material, it is fine for ropes and making tarpaulins and nothing else. It should be banned from comming into contact with human skin. 100 % Cotton every time, feels better and is heigenic.

D3FiANC3

Reaction score
Yes, 100% poly clothing does hold odor; I typically have to Mirazyme my hiking clothing. However, I have not found that be an issue with blended clothing. I exclusively wear 60/40 poly/cotton blend t-shirts and have had no odor issues. I think people who wear 100% cotton t-shirts for any type of strenuous activity are insane. They get soaked and don't dry, which is not only unpleasant, but also a health concern when hiking. Try hiking in a 100% cotton t-shirt that is drenched by the end of the day and then sleeping in that still-wet shirt when the temp drops to 40F at night.

mactire

Reaction score
For that reason wool undershirts and longjohns are far more comfortable and better at wicking moisture away from the skin.

Hiras Fashion

Reaction score
It can be undesirable when worn during warm, humid weather as polyester is a not a natural fiber unlike the cool cotton. Having said that, the cotton/poly blend retains its form with hardly any wrinkling.

roseyoungstewar

Reaction score
leviticus 19:19 says do not wear linen and woolen mixed together it is a old orthodox jewish law meaning that Linen which is a plant made from flax and wool is from an animal are not to be mixed together because simply stated it isnt Kosher. same as not cooking any milk products with non milk/nonkosher products. Wear whatever you like if you are not orthodox Jew. if you are then dont wear the Wool with Linen ... you cannot allow law that are thousands of years old to rule your life if you are not of the Jewish orthodox religion.Remember the Bible... king james version was written but copied by monks inn long hand then guttenbery came along one day and he invented the printing press. When he did he also copied down the writings as he was able to understand them to me the Bible ought to be the Guttenberg Bible since it is his interpretation.

roseyoungstewar

Reaction score
you want to look as if you rolled out of bed and wore you clothes all night in the hot heat then go right ahead. as for this old lady i go for a neater look poly/cotton is up my alley no ironing and if you do iron guaranteed you're going to look lousy because 100% cotton doesnt look good after wearing it ten minutes. as a nurse (retired) i learned a long time ago sweat does not stink it is when sweat is allowed to soak into material, hair stay on skin which hasnt been washed for hours then the bacteria grows and thus is the stink ... my advice? SHOWER 2-3 TIMES A DAY if you sweat profusely and if you are a person with a known afflictions as hyper -hydrosis meaning excessive sweating beyond the norm, your doctor will offer you some remedies,,, no need to sweat plus be wrinkled.

Last edited:

roseyoungstewar

Reaction score
hardly erodes? ok get rid of your plastic trash bags- your latex gloves, your polystyrene coffee cups- your plastic flip flops, your hair spray and your hair dye, get rid of your make up its all chemicals, get rid of your plastic false teeth, get rid of your poly neckties and plastic belts with steel buckles that also will be here on earth a hell of a lot longer than you or I. As a matter of fact listen to everyone but dont use your own brain & may as well come into the world buck neked and live that way forever...see how long it is till thee put you in side a metal and concrete chamber wearing a poly orange colored jumpsuit. and a pair of orange flip flops.

AlexE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sweat baby sweat ... the biggest issue with poly-blend shirts for those of us not regularly playing with fire

rainman3070

Reaction score
LMFAO! What are you idiot's talking about?!?! Who worries about catching on fire when deciding on shirts???? Do you worry about knot strength on shoelaces cause you might trip over them in traffic?

shari

Reaction score
. . . i'm looking for a cotton sleeping bag online for under $100. and one that im interested in has cotton/polyester outer shell, and 100% cotton. the reason i dont care for polyester is that they dont 'breathe.' i wont wear polyester clothes and bedding.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads