• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who makes the world's best bedsheets?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gonna bump this with a twist...does anyone have a good online place for really nice/unique bedding? Not looking for thread count or whatever I'm looking for unique fabrics (think flannel and linen) with great dyes/textures plus one off blankets and duvets that are like hand me down level of nice stuff. This is less about a brand and more about a boutique. Google results are a fuckshoot so hoping someone has something.

emptym

Reaction score
^Linoto. Linen, made in the US, black owned. Lots of colors. I've used their regular set for about 10 yrs. I'm wearing a pair of their boxers now. The Belgian linen is thicker than the regular stuff, and probably more durable, at least in natural.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Came here to say Linoto. Didn't know it was black owned. Am sleeping on their linen exclusively these days. Super comfortable.

MontyLo

Reaction score
I’ve been very happy with Matouk. Their range is quite large but I own a mix of things from them and have noticed a difference despite growing up with overall “good” bedlinens. Family owned and domestically manufactured with a good business ethos. They included a very well made complimentary cotton mask when in made my bedding purchase last April. Monogramming options are also convenient.

Drek Galloche

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I only buy percale cotton, that is all I care about when buying sheets. Cool, smooth surface, so that you can turn effortlessly and stay cool throughout the night. Don't care who makes, who owns it as long as it is high count and good hand.
Never tried linen sheets, first reaction: it is not smooth if it is linen. Am I wrong?

The Ernesto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I only buy percale cotton, that is all I care about when buying sheets. Cool, smooth surface, so that you can turn effortlessly and stay cool throughout the night. Don't care who makes, who owns it as long as it is high count and good hand.
Never tried linen sheets, first reaction: it is not smooth if it is linen. Am I wrong?

It is not smooth but very cosy.

Drek Galloche

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Sleeping is important to me , but I find sleeping technology (incl. sheets) is lagging behind. Considering the bed is where we spend half of our lives it is disappointing that we still ******* around with synthetic foam and horsehair.

I have one of the Hastings beds in my house and I sleep so so on it. In my Summer house I have generic Ikea bed and I sleep much better and cooler on it. Go figure...
I want temperature regulated bed that senses T of my body and adjusts throughout the night to maintain the best sleep.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you are wearing cotton t-shirt in bed will that make turning at night a challenge, meaning you most likely wake up to turn?

I don't think so? At least not unless you had a really "rustic" weave.

I enjoyed a couple of linen fitted sheets, but I had longevity issues with them and my cat...the current linen duvet cover is still going strong, but I'm back to a cotton sheet.

Of course that cotton sheet is also end of life now thanks to the cat...but at least it costs less than linen (I think the fitted sheet is just more susceptible to claw damage since it is taught on the bed...the duvet has room for give/movement when she gets her hooks in it).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads