• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who is the best dressed/ best groomed athlete?

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think Tiger Woods dresses very well at all. I generally only ever see him wearing polo tops and slacks which I can go out on any golf course and see. That said, I think soccer players tend to dress the most stylishly (sometimes far too stylishly) while football and basketball players dress the worst. Hockey players, baseball and golfers fall somewhere in between. On the whole I find they only dress well when they're in a GQ spread.

thc

Reaction score
Recently, Boris Becker has been making some appearances as a commentator and I've liked his outfits. Not sure if this has always been the case...

banksmiranda

Reaction score
I wonder when McSwain will figure out that one consistent problem with the jackets on his clients is that the sleeves are too long.

banksmiranda

Reaction score
First, I just want to say that I don't intend at all to pick over small issues, but rather I want to clarify one thing: Alex Rodriguez wears a size 60L suit? Arnold Schwarzenegger: "At his bodybuilding peak his chest was 57", waist 34", biceps 22", thighs 28½", calves 20", and his competition weight was 235 lbs (260 lbs off-season)." source: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000216/bio/ If Arnold's chest was 57" at 235 lbs(or even at 260), granted that people may have vastly different body structures, I don't think that there's any way that A-Rod wears an American 60L.  He must be wearing an Italian size 60, which equates to size 50 American.  Even Mark Prior, with his tree-trunk legs and sizable lats(Under Amrour ad), probably doesn't wear an American 60L at 6'5" 230. How much would you guess Arnold weighs now?

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
smile.gif
Ernest- nice to have you back.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kasparov
smile.gif
Ernest- nice to have you back.
Thanks Nice to be back My internet is runing well now and my english is a litte better

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If Arnold's chest was 57" at 235 lbs(or even at 260), granted that people may have vastly different body structures, I don't think that there's any way that A-Rod wears an American 60L.
50L makes much more sense than 60L. Rodriguez is listed at 6-3, 210. I'm 6-2, 240 and I wear a 48L.

Valmont

Reaction score
 If I had to choose, actually this guy does dress well, is that golfer who is dressed by J. Lindenburg.
Jesper Parnevik looks and dresses like an eccentric freak. Johan Lindeberg is a really good desginer but the yellow slacks and pink polos that Parnevik wears don't belong on the fairway...

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(Mike C. @ 02 Oct. 2004, 2:43) Â If I had to choose, actually this guy does dress well, is that golfer who is dressed by J. Lindenburg.
Jesper Parnevik looks and dresses like an eccentric freak. Johan Lindeberg is a really good desginer but the yellow slacks and pink polos that Parnevik wears don't belong on the fairway...
No, it's not Jesper. It's someone else I'm thinking of.

Rudder

Reaction score
How about Jesse Palmer? He looked sharp on the Bachelor (yes, I admit to watching a couple episodes).

Valmont

Reaction score
Tiger's suit looks crap, but he is accessorizing with an extremely hot girlfriend, which atones for nearly all sins.
His Swedish gf Elin is actually a real skank if you see her up close and personal. She was supposedly a model back in the days but she is really nothing special. Now Tiger himself isn't exactly a "Beckham" in the appearance department but considering what he is worth he could have done a hell of lot better than an average looking Swedish chick with a skin problem.  He must love her for her personality or have really bad taste in women...

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now Tiger himself isn't exactly a "Beckham" in the appearance department but considering what he is worth he could have done a hell of lot better than an average looking Swedish chick with a skin problem.  He must love her for her personality or have really bad taste in women...
Forget about his looks, what about his personality. The guy is a dork. I heard that after the US won the Ryder Cup he went to sleep in his hotel while the rest of the team was drinking and celebrating.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads