• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

whnay.'s good taste thread

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey I remember you - you used to troll here and somehow people fell for it. Back for more?

SirJamesWinston

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Hey I remember you - you used to troll here and somehow people fell for it. Back for more?

Yawn. Anyone who disagrees with your view of men's clothing, let alone the humanity, must, by definition, be both a troll and a bigot? How enlightened you are!

For your further enlightenment, I have largely ignored this forum for a different one after the "Menswear on Women" issue as I realized that I did not want to dress like a queer female, or be persecuted for going against the groupthink of those who applaud this choice (uh oh, that word may be flagged for "hate speech" by claghorn) of dress. I also have come to reject the tight/slim fight/darted (i.e. preferred by queer males for those in the know?) way of dressing, in favor of the more masculine, American, and much more comfortable (i.e. baggy to the afore mentioned), or traditional way of dressing like a man.

I would occasionally check this thread as I thought Manton was still regulating it, but his presence seems to be lacking. But never worry you who fret over "triggers" and so-called "trolls"! The preponderance of those who applaud the looks I have come to reject, and indeed find in exceptionally poor taste, combined with the lack of quality posters such as Manton and Vox/FC has confirmed my exit. If I could delete my account I would.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Words are words; it's the attitude behind them that matters. You can have a tolerant attitude while still hating something. Or you can be a dick while hating something.

I'm sure you're well aware of this, but since you mentioned me by name, I figured I'd take the opportunity for a few hackneyed utterances.

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yawn. Anyone who disagrees with your view of men's clothing, let alone the humanity, must, by definition, be both a troll and a bigot? How enlightened you are!

Hahaha ... where'd you pull that from? I am at the very bottom of the list of people on this site who debate style. Sorry you had to force that opening to your reply just to waste time writing the rest, too. Yikes.

You're a genius.

SirJamesWinston

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Words are words; it's the attitude behind them that matters. You can have a tolerant attitude while still hating something. Or you can be a dick while hating something.

I'm sure you're well aware of this, but since you mentioned me by name, I figured I'd take the opportunity for a few hackneyed utterances.

And just how, O Claghorn, can you determine my attitude across the internets? Omniscience? I am afraid for the likes of you "tolerating" means accepting. I simply said that the way the individual was dressed was repulsive. Which again, is my view. You, in your wisdom, deleted my comment and messaged me, and basically said that my criticism was not constructive enough. Then there was a fairly long discussion on "free speech", with some people stating that it does not exist on this thread or is required to exist. Fine by me. Unlike the militant adherents of SSA and SSM in this land, I will not take you to court over it over such "discrimination".

Claghorn, it was actions like yours (in part), that led to the end of my leftward and progressive shift that had been several years in the making. Lefties are the true fascists. Lefties demand groupthink and punish or silence dissenters. This is why higher education, which I am very involved in, is becoming so pathetic. Rather than encouraging discussion and even promoting critical and different ways of thinking, it is silencing those who disagree with the leftist and Marxist view.

Such is the way of cowards. Such is the way of the liberal fascists.

And on deleting my account, I have to ask permission or beseech some authoritative figure, rather than having the option on my own account? Must I get on my knees as well? This is rich.

Last edited:

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sigh. I came back into this thread expecting spirited debate on whether a black or navy tie would be better in the outfit above that I critiqued.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads