• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

whnay.'s good taste thread

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Meh. I don't know if it is a "rule", I just think there is something comforting about the look of an OCDB with a sportcoat. Can't explain it really.

i think it greatly depends on the vibe of the SC. some are better with BD, others better without.

Wow.
tumblr_lvncywu6bQ1qd48zdo1_r1_500.jpg

where did you find that old picture f me?

I assume that means you feel the same way about mine.
While I guess this is the blind backing the blind (though stich is now less blind than me), I agree with stich on the spread collar with SC being ok.

:cheers: i think maybe we are equally blind. :)

Lookin' good, stitch.

thanks, brah!

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I, as a man with a non-flat ass, favor the side vents, but I don't have a default objection to center. The sacks from BB and J Press are iconic and center-vented. Plus, y'all will give Lufty a heart attack with this line of thought.

Center vent is just fine, and I say this as a man with ample ass.

You have no shins? :confused:
Then he'll sue us all.

I've already filed a John Doe complaint and served pre-complaint discovery subpoenas on SF.

Low armholes suck!

I own several Brooks suits (Regent, Madison, BB No 1 Sack) and not a one of them has low arm holes.

Today, West Surrey Regimental. Colors are slightly more muted IRL.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
fred - you seem to full of good taste today. bravo.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Stitchy: Good stuff. If you're going to wear a white shirt with it, maybe it should be a button-down. If this shirt were blue, I think the collar wouldn't have raised any objection. But, like I said, good stuff.

Fred: I'm a-feared of that hanky.

Lufty: You owe me $.50 for the mind bleach, but the fit looks good.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Color combo suggested by GDL, if it's no good I blame him entirely.
:)

If I suggested a white shirt with this sport coat, I was probably very drunk.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fred49

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Stitchy: Good stuff. If you're going to wear a white shirt with it, maybe it should be a button-down. If this shirt were blue, I think the collar wouldn't have raised any objection. But, like I said, good stuff.
Fred: I'm a-feared of that hanky.
Lufty: You owe me $.50 for the mind bleach, but the fit looks good.

I have it secured to a chain and have had it declawed...Hankies can sense fear! Be brave!!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

thanks, shugah!!

even though the jacket overall looks gray, i just cant wrap my head around wearing a blue shirt with all the thick black pattern in this SC. i think it would be bad. it was hard enough to do the dark navy tie. i think ill try white OCBD next week with the SC.

question is, would a black grenadine be to formal to wear with this SC and an OCBD? how about a flat black silk with white polka dots? i really wanna get a blk/wht glen plain in a smaller pattern to try with this very large POW. ideas and thoughts?

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If I suggested a white shirt with this sport coat, I was probably very drunk.

hahaha, i was just talking about the tie and SC, that was your idea. what color shirt would you wear, and if you say blue, what shade and solid or pattern? please also address my concern in my pervious post about wearing blue with this SC.

kthnxbabi

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads