• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

whnay.'s good taste thread

inlandisland

Reaction score
UM, the colors and textures make me think of 70's furniture, but in a good way.

UnreasonableMan

Reaction score

Last edited:

Victor Elfo

Reaction score
I like this one too. The jacket is made of which material?
However, I see some room for improvement in the hanky department. I share the opinion that no silk hanky should be plain. Also, there is come incongruity between the tie and the hanky, the tie colors are a bit summery and the hanky is autumnal, but, again, the colors may be off.

UnreasonableMan

Reaction score
I like this one too. The jacket is made of which material?
However, I see some room for improvement in the hanky department. I share the opinion that no silk hanky should be plain. Also, there is come incongruity between the tie and the hanky, the tie colors are a bit summery and the hanky is autumnal, but, again, the colors may be off.
Thanks. The Jacket is a blend of cashmere/wool/cotton. The tie is wool/cashmere blend. My pictures are not ideal but there is a better image of the tie here. The jacket pulls out the blue in the tie, but a patterned silk handkerchief would be a needed improvement (if only I had any). I have usually only opted for solid white linen.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
UM - i like both fits.

Victor Elfo

Reaction score
Thanks. The Jacket is a blend of cashmere/wool/cotton. The tie is wool/cashmere blend. My pictures are not ideal but there is a better image of the tie here. The jacket pulls out the blue in the tie, but a patterned silk handkerchief would be a needed improvement (if only I had any). I have usually only opted for solid white linen.

I retract my comment on the incongruity between the hanky and tie colors, but it got me thinking about the trousers, as I was seeing the outfit as a summery fit. Can you share more details about it? It comes off as cream.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hard to say that is not IGT. i like it.

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
fair enough. Given that intent, it looks great. Certainly within the purview of good taste regardless.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads