• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which pair should I break in?

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, I figured this would be a comical thread and while completely selfish on my part, it may actually assist me in making up my mind. As some of you already know, I've been on a denim buying binge for the last 6 months (what the **** was I thinking) and now I have no idea which I want to wear in. I figure switching them up all the time as I have been will ultimately frustrate me so if I do them in an order.. as arbitrary as it may be.. that may lend a little more to my overall satisfaction. So, I'll put it in a poll and you guys, my SF brethren, can help me decide as you are ultimately responsible for me buying this crap to begin with.
inlove.gif

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoai,.. are those shoaizome? Natural Japanese indigo with the purple tinge? If so, go for those! My new kendo stuff is shoaizome and I love that tinge. - and the purple stains in my shower from hanging it there to dry
biggrin.gif

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kronik
Ahh, I had no idea that's why they had the purple selvage. Good call. http://blueingreensoho.com/site/inde...mart&Itemid=28 are they.
Wooow....not inexpensive but the idea of shoaizome denim makes me all tingly. The wear on my gi is already getting really nice, the colour of broken in shoaizome denim must be spectacular! Those really look great. My shard has been cast!

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if my AI-001 are any indication, the Shoai is going to take ages to break in. I don't think they are a good project for that reason. I'd just wear them when it works, but not for the sake of breaking them in.

I'm actually more interested in how the Nando x Nando would turn out.

Badseeds

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I myself would go with the canes(since ive got the nxn's~). As I remember, they are dyed with natural indigo. And I prefer their cut/color more than that of 40200/300/500's...

I owe the following pairs in your list:

nandoxnando: very nice! love the overdyed effect! But when you get these, you will start thinkin' about jomons....

nudie rrds: my first pair of nudies. Very special boot cut. But the dying is not as good as the 45rpms from my own view. ( I love dark indigo. the darker the better!)

s5000: If you want some thing tough, choose these. But are you serious about wearing them(17oz) in the summer? The cut is the same as lvc 66s.

Cheers!

Ahaz

Reaction score
While they're not the most interesting choice, I vote that you break in your RRDS. For some reason, they just strike me as the most summery of your jeans.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks all for your input, with the exclusion of the "figure it out yourself" crew. Haters.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now post nando x nando pics

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You are out of your f***ing mind.
smile.gif

Seriously, that has to be the best denim collection in the tri-state, with the possible exception of Mauro and Joey.

Badseeds

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are still brand new, one wash version tho.......I will take pix of them b4 start rocking in them for sure...
devil.gif
just for now I havent even got a chance to take pix of things im selling...
frown.gif
Hopefully next week when i get my camera back...
laugh.gif

capnpyro

Reaction score
I'd be wearing the Oni's 24/7 just to try and justify the price, good lord. Let's see what five bills worth of jeans looks like broken in, eh?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
How similar are the nandoxnando to the 007s?

Guys give me some sufu links thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads