• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which Alden Chukka?

Toorman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
I like both. The lighter ones for this time of year and the darker ones for fall/winter.

That's what I did. (Plus both were purchased heavily discounted -C&J's - from Barney's so it didn't hurt in the least.)

Marbles29

Reaction score
Thank you all, the pictures were lovely as well....I have seen both of them in person. I went to the Madison Ave. Alden store with the intention of buying the tan, but reconsidered. They did not have the snuff in my size, but should get them this week. These unlined chukkas are extrememly comfortable and fit like a glove. It looked as if the Snuff were going to take this poll in a landslide, but the Tan has surged back. The one misgiving I have is that these Aldens have set me back 400 dollars, tax and shoe trees included. I wonder if I could have done just as well somewhere else for less?

adfan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Marbles29
Thank you all, the pictures were lovely as well....I have seen both of them in person. I went to the Madison Ave. Alden store with the intention of buying the tan, but reconsidered. They did not have the snuff in my size, but should get them this week. These unlined chukkas are extrememly comfortable and fit like a glove. It looked as if the Snuff were going to take this poll in a landslide, but the Tan has surged back. The one misgiving I have is that these Aldens have set me back 400 dollars, tax and shoe trees included. I wonder if I could have done just as well somewhere else for less?

Its hard to find them on sale. I looked and looked. They are extremely popular, but whatever you do don't pay more than $364 (cost at the Alden store in San Francisco). There are a few stores that charge $380 and up.

Remember get them snug - for a good fit because they stretch.

Good luck. You will love them...

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bartolo
Any recommendations for a water proofing treatment for the unlined Alded chukkas?
- WTF! MAN UP! THEY ARE CHUKKAS!

stant62

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
- WTF! MAN UP! THEY ARE CHUKKAS!

I don't understand?... I want these bad boys too but seeing that I'm in the Northeast, wet and sloppy winters are commonplace...

oroy38

Reaction score
I go to college in Erie, PA and the winters here are never good. I'm debating between getting a set of Chelsea Boots or Chukkas, but I'm not quite sure yet.

Thurston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Marbles29

PM sent

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't own either alden variant, but I have a tan suede crepe sole chukka (alfred sargent via the lands end outlet sale) and brown suede crepe sole chukka (polo made in england, probably either sargent or c&j). I like the both, but wear the brown more. The tan has been picking up too much blue dye from my denim.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
P8091782.jpg
P8081701.jpg
08011218.jpg

What's going on with these soles?

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stant62
I don't understand?... I want these bad boys too but seeing that I'm in the Northeast, wet and sloppy winters are commonplace...
- in that case then these are the wrong Chukkas as they are un-lined & made for summer
Originally Posted by imatlas
What's going on with these soles?
- common signs of Alden Flex welt sole.. & wear/tear..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads