• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where do you get your hair cut in Vancouver?

Viktri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How much do you want to spend?

There is:

I've tried but I'm not a member of
Air
Zeal

both are very good, you pay for advice, style, cut and shampoo (etc)

I've heard Chura was good but when I went to see it was completely packed and most of the clients were women getting their hair permed.

There's supposed to be some famous haircut lady opening a shop in Richmond, haven't been there yet but will go there before Oct1st.

There's the one on Cambie near cityhall but it doesn't have an English name apparently.

micbain

Reaction score
ohh - good thread. I'm sick of my bowl cut! How much should I expect to pay at Air or Zeal?

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Viktri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by micbain
ohh - good thread. I'm sick of my bowl cut! How much should I expect to pay at Air or Zeal?

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Around $40 depending on your tip.

poor kenny

Reaction score
Jack Hair on Cambie (@ 18th) is great.

Cuts for men only. They've got a website. Check it out.

I know I'm almost always never content with a hair cut until a week or so later when it grows out a bit, but I've been to Jack twice now, and both times I've walked out really happy with the cut.

Monkey

Reaction score
I go to Sukis in Kits. I've been going to the same stylist for a few years and she knows how my hair grows and what works for me.

Shloff

Reaction score
That is a good question, although I don't live in Van. My cousin became a hairdresser, and unbeknownst to me (wow that is a $50 word), men's cuts are the hardest styles to do properly. Who knew...

I had a horror show in Calgary one time. I was a starving college student, but made the decision to go to a 'salon'. Holy ****...being a business student at the time, I cannot tell you how many tips I could have given this girl on proper business practices and customer relations, but I let the train wreck continue.

I ended up looking like Bones from Star Trek with these funky pointed sideburns. I was horrified but, unfortunately, had not yet grown the stones to tell her to kiss my arse.

The moral of the story is that your hairdresser/barber should, if he/she is worth their salt and are demanding $40-$60 for their sevices, have a portfolio of happy clients and be specific regarding their specialty.

Yes, hair grows back, but the inciminating photos of you will last a lifetime...
musicboohoo[1].gif

Viktri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shloff: Which stylists have men hair cuts at $60 in Vancouver? I haven't heard of anyone charging that price and I'm interested in hearing about any experiences with at such a level in Vancouver.

arrrrffff

Reaction score
Geppino's on the Northeast corner of Kingsway and Kerr St for $7.
smile.gif

It's not Suki's and don't expect it to be, but my hair is faboulous afterwards. I've got a Daniel Craig-like cut so it doesn't exactly require surgical precise Hollywood hair stylists to maintain/cut.

2Scoops

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Viktri
Shloff: Which stylists have men hair cuts at $60 in Vancouver? I haven't heard of anyone charging that price and I'm interested in hearing about any experiences with at such a level in Vancouver.

the ones that charge $60 are usually the ones that are a) good or b) more experienced.

my former stylist recently went from rain to a new salon which i can't seem to recall the name of. L-something or other. anyways, she was, and i think still is charging around $50 at the new salon. At that salon she's more of a beginner, whereas the other stylists at that salon that have been there longer are charging somewhere around $70-$100? iirc.

is it worth it? really depends on your budget. the reason why i stopped going to her was because i couldn't justify it when i started getting more haircuts due to my hair being shorter. when my hair was longer i could justify more expensive cuts because i knew i wouldn't be back for 2-4 months.

Viktri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 2Scoops
the ones that charge $60 are usually the ones that are a) good or b) more experienced.

my former stylist recently went from rain to a new salon which i can't seem to recall the name of. L-something or other. anyways, she was, and i think still is charging around $50 at the new salon. At that salon she's more of a beginner, whereas the other stylists at that salon that have been there longer are charging somewhere around $70-$100? iirc.

is it worth it? really depends on your budget. the reason why i stopped going to her was because i couldn't justify it when i started getting more haircuts due to my hair being shorter. when my hair was longer i could justify more expensive cuts because i knew i wouldn't be back for 2-4 months.

That's why I asked which salons charge more than $60 - I haven't heard of any in Vancouver and I'd like to be in "the know".

Monkey

Reaction score
Some of the master stylists at Sukis charge upwards of $85 for a men's haircut. I haven't seen what that would look like though.

areyounoob

Reaction score
There's the Magicuts at Guildford Mall in Surrey that cuts for $12 a head. Ask for Tammy/Kimmy/Kammy. Basically the two vietnamese hairdressers lol. I forgot their names(ends in -mmy) but they do a nice clean cut.

Then again I'm not that picky. =/

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads