• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Larry Laffer

Reaction score
Golden Fleece® shoes are online now :bounce2: :slayer:

https://goo.gl/pJBpai

001.jpg

mercretas

Reaction score
The new "thermoplastic polyurethane forefoot insert" does not bode well. Is this the footwear equivalent of moving to all non-iron dress shirts?

Smitty2k1

Reaction score
The new "thermoplastic polyurethane forefoot insert" does not bode well. Is this the footwear equivalent of moving to all non-iron dress shirts?
Based on the photos it just looks like a rubber 'topper' on the bottom of the sole - I do a lot of city walking so I prefer this.

That said, I don't pay more than $200 for shoes and usually buy AE on clearance.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Based on the photos it just looks like a rubber 'topper' on the bottom of the sole - I do a lot of city walking so I prefer this.

That said, I don't pay more than $200 for shoes and usually buy AE on clearance.
I don't know, it looks flushed with the sole to me, not added on top like a Topy. Looks like you're giving up some leather for that sole.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anybody happen to know or think from prior years' experience if there will be any further drops or special discounts coming up?
got my eyes on a pair of shoes, just wondering if there's a realistic possibility they'll drop again.

518aata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure if there will be further drops, but Black Fleece hit 70% off last week. I bought several (more) Black Fleece shirts. There are a bunch of (non-wacky) shirts, but they don't show up if you search for "Black Fleece", or "Black Fleece shirt", etc. The best way to find them is to click on MEN'S SALE, then APPAREL, and then go to the drop-down menu of sizes. (The Black Fleece sizes are just above the shoe sizes.) Then, click on your BBx size to see what's available. In my size, BB2, there are 17 shirts available.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A lot Italian brand does Goodyear welt as well. Also I wouldn't discount Blake either, as Italian like Blake rapid as well, and you can't say GW is definitely better on that case

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A lot Italian brand does Goodyear welt as well. Also I wouldn't discount Blake either, as Italian like Blake rapid as well, and you can't say GW is definitely better on that case

Cue argument about the relative benefits of Goodyear welted vs. Blake rapid vs hand sewn vs Blake.

Jackboot

Reaction score
anybody happen to know or think from prior years' experience if there will be any further drops or special discounts coming up?
got my eyes on a pair of shoes, just wondering if there's a realistic possibility they'll drop again.

FWIW, 2 years ago (2015), I have record of additional discounts (25%) on orders placed on August 7 and Sept 17.
Last year I didn't place any orders in August or Sept, leading me to believe there was no additional discounting during this time.
In sum, who know what they'll do this year :) I'm waiting for an additional 25% off for a number of items.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FWIW, 2 years ago (2015), I have record of additional discounts (25%) on orders placed on August 7 and Sept 17.
Last year I didn't place any orders in August or Sept, leading me to believe there was no additional discounting during this time.
In sum, who know what they'll do this year :) I'm waiting for an additional 25% off for a number of items.
cool thanks. looks like on their site they have extra 25% off some women's stuff.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads