• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thanks a lot. I've never tried a Milano made in Italy. Do you mean to say that the Italian Milano fit is different from the USA Milano?

BB 1818 made in Italy Milano definitely fits differently than the made in China Milano sportscoat (made in China ones slimmer), no experience with the made in US Milano (does that exist? as suits/sportscoatsportscoat, guess Gooden Fleece?)

Last edited:

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks a lot. I've never tried a Milano made in Italy. Do you mean to say that the Italian Milano fit is different from the USA Milano?

Yes, they definitely fit differently. The USA Milano ran slightly larger, had more closed quarters, more wadding in the sleeve head and did not sit well on my shoulders. They have revamped the fit made in the USA last fall and the shoulders are much better and it fits closer to the Italian now, but I still prefer the Italian made fit. Thailand made isn't too far off Italian for me but it tends to run shorter, I usually go with a 38R and shorten the sleeves. Made in China fit (the washed lambswool last year was one) has a hit and miss fit and I tend to avoid it.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So, end up returning it, sizing still not quite right, I wish they made 36 in the Natural Craftsmanship collection...

518aata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Several of the classic Peal (C&J) styles are on sale for $389, which is the lowest price I've seen in quite a while, especially given how much the MSRP has risen in the past few years. For some styles, there is a good run of sizes; for others, it's slim pickings. But it's worth a look.

NickCarraway

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have two questions about the BB Rewards Points program and branded MasterCard:

1. Is there somewhere online where you can see your points activity (i.e. points earned, Rewards Cards issued)?

2. Does anyone remember the details about the recent "grocery store" bonus offer? I believe it was "make 5 grocery store purchases within a month on your BB MC and get a $20 Rewards Card".

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But it's only 25% plus you have to have the credit card?

I am looking for around 40% off if possible?

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's a corporate sale next week I think.

I think corporate sale just passed yesterday.

But it's only 25% plus you have to have the credit card?

I am looking for around 40% off if possible?
The semi-annual in the summer is probably the closest. You also don't need the credit card for the corporate sale. Only a corporate membership. You might be eligible if you can get an account at corporateperks.com

Last edited:

Spex

Reaction score
The Corporate Member 40% off sales (I seem to recall these used to happen) seem to be a thing of the past. Even 30% off seems rare nowadays. 25% off appears to be their standard sale. At the end of a season (spring/summer...this won't be until perhaps August or later, and fall/winter, which just passed) is when you get the best deals, easily 50% off or more. However, if you are looking for a discount on the regular Milano Advantage chinos, then the 25% sales might be the best deal you'll get, since they are not seasonal items, and don't see the heavy discounts you get at the end of a season (also note that sizes are limited at the end of a season as well). You could find some Milano summer chinos for a good price when the summer is nearing an end.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Corporate Member 40% off sales (I seem to recall these used to happen) seem to be a thing of the past. Even 30% off seems rare nowadays. 25% off appears to be their standard sale. At the end of a season (spring/summer...this won't be until perhaps August or later, and fall/winter, which just passed) is when you get the best deals, easily 50% off or more. However, if you are looking for a discount on the regular Milano Advantage chinos, then the 25% sales might be the best deal you'll get, since they are not seasonal items, and don't see the heavy discounts you get at the end of a season (also note that sizes are limited at the end of a season as well). You could find some Milano summer chinos for a good price when the summer is nearing an end.
I guess I haven't been shopping there long enough. I've never seen the CIS sales at 40% off.

stimulacra

Reaction score
Bought four of BB's updated OCBD shirts with the last sale. After a couple of wears and washes I can say that I'm not a huge fan. Mostly the absence of the chest pocket is causing havoc with my daily routine. The pocket was a default place to place my phone, pen, sunglasses when going about my day or getting in and out of the car.

The shirt themselves are nice enough… if I don't have anything particular to do, but for the office they're not very useful.

A jacket or blazer could remedy that with the additional pockets but Houston summers makes them a hassle and more likely to just drape my chair during the work day. Maybe some minor adjustments to my briefcase would also help, I'm guessing it's 90% muscle memory really.

slam

Reaction score

When is the best time to get cordovan on sale?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads