• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Alpha11

Reaction score
FYI: I was told by my SA that the reason why BB does not often include Edward Green in their sales is due to a price agreement they have with EG. Additionally, if you have a MTO suit made it is Not made in Italy it is however, made in the US at their Southwick plant.

Alpha11

Reaction score
From your post is would seem that you will be unhappy with most OTR suit out there as the model of the suit you are referencing to is well over 50 yrs old. Sorry to tell you but not too many suit manufacturers are going to have that model available as it would most likely sit on the rack for many months or even years and end up being discount at a lost.

Your best bet would be MTO or bespoke anything less than that and you will continue to be met with disappointment. Good luck.

Last edited:

Mr Engineer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Decided to visit their site since its been a while. I am starting to see a decline in terms on style with Brooks Brothers clothing

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Will there be a corporate sale before the end of the month? Have some rewards expiring.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Allen Dreadmon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Curious if anybody has bought and/or seen these pebble grain loafers IRL.

Looking for a good pair of brown calf tassel loafers. These seem amazing but the color looks too light online, but they are described as "dark brown."

So I'm wondering how they look in real life if anyone has bought them.

https://www.brooksbrothers.com/Text...____DKBR_11___D___,default,pd.html?Quantity=1

These are made by Alden, so they are a great choice if the last (likely Aberdeen) fits you well. I would say that bb didn't do the best job in classifying the colour on these. If anything, they are probably lighter than in photo. This has been my experience with bb product shots.

sjmin209

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Through August 7, additional 25% off selected sale shoes & accessories, including these Edward Green blue suede shoes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads