• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think of this jacket I picked up from the year end sale - fit and color? Is it versatile enough to wear year round if paired with earth tones in winter? I'm a bit on the fence. Would like a standard tweed at some point, but approve of something that could be used 3-4 seasons. Live in the northern climes fwiw.
I think it's perfect; any longer that thing's going to hit you mid-thigh if you went any longer.

Alpha11

Reaction score

What do you guys think of this jacket I picked up from the year end sale - fit and color? Is it versatile enough to wear year round if paired with earth tones in winter? I'm a bit on the fence. Would like a standard tweed at some point, but approve of something that could be used 3-4 seasons. Live in the northern climes fwiw.
When you shop for a jacket make sure that you or the SA measure from the collar to the end of the jacket and then from the jacket to the floor/ bottom heel of you shoes. Those two measurements should be close to a 50/50 split. Means if the number from collar to the tail of the jacket is 35 inches then from the tail to the heel should be 33-36 at the least. This is unless you like the short jacket look some young guys tend to like but make sure your pants are tapered and you have little break.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unless the Thom Browne look was intended, I do agree it looks short. Length isn't covering your seat, which makes the tail of the jacket look a bit off. Sleeves could do an inch or so and still show about 1/4" linen. Shoulders do look okay to me.
Is that a Fitz cut?

N8ter

Reaction score
Unless the Thom Browne look was intended, I do agree it looks short. Length isn't covering your seat, which makes the tail of the jacket look a bit off. Sleeves could do an inch or so and still show about 1/4" linen. Shoulders do look okay to me.
Is that a Fitz cut?
Definitely not intentionally going for a Thom Browne look. :) I would need to extend the sleeves out probably about 1/2-3/4", which is pretty typical for me. I can never buy OTR with pre-cut functioning buttons, but that is a another story. I think the seat looks awkward because I haven't popped the vent stitching yet which is making it bow out. That with the fact my trousers were sagging makes for the unflattering look. I have a long torso, but shorter legs so I don't like to go too long in the jacket so as not make my legs appear shorter as Althanis made mention. It also hits at the first knuckle which I thought was the short end of acceptable classic fit? It is a Fitzgerald cut.

Color acceptable for fall/winter wear? Primary tone is tan from a distance.

mebiuspower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks like the right jacket length IMO. That fabric color/pattern makes it a fall/winter sports jacket.

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't do a jacket that short on a suit, but it looks fine to me for a sport coat. Personal preference, I think.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jacket length looks good from the front but from the back it is a bit short I think.

His pants are sagging too so it's making it look shorter than it actually is.

sleepyinsanfran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is that a Fitz cut?

It think OP has a relatively longer-than-usual torso, hence the opposing opinions on length.

the jacket could stand to be longer, but might make your legs look too short if you go that route.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pretty sure it doesnt work on any sale items.

That's what I figure.

I went to the BBBF shop downtown and sadly found it already closed! I assume they're consolidating stock and sending them to 3rd parties (e.g., TJMaxx)? I would have thought there would be a deeper discount past 60% before they did this...

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Wnated opinions on Madison cut trousers.

I was more familiar with the fitz and clark models, but was pleasantly surprised by the Madison's flat front, high rise cut.

What do you guys think? Do you think the rise is too high on the Madison?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads