• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NickCarraway

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they should call them parachute, smaller parachute, smallest parachute

BB's shirt fit charts are a joke. First off they still are marked Regular/Slim/Extra-Slim instead of the new naming convention of Madison/Regent/Milano. Second, no matter which fit you choose, the charts claim the shirt fits the same chest size (i.e. ALL the 16" collar shirts say "fits 40 inch chest".
puzzled.gif

katch

Reaction score

So last night at 11:30 I was logged in and ready to check out after putting in the promo code. Magically, the item was out of stock in my size and only 1 odd size left. At 12:30, after the promo expired, all sizes were available.

BB customer service is closed today due to snow storm. Do you think I have any chance of them applying the 25% if I purchase today?

Follow up:

BB Customer Service honored the sale + 25% off for my item. Pretty cool. The rep did say that some sizes are removed as not to be part of the sale which is not pretty cool.

Last edited:

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

BB's shirt fit charts are a joke.  First off they still are marked Regular/Slim/Extra-Slim instead of the new naming convention of Madison/Regent/Milano.  Second, no matter which fit you choose, the charts claim the shirt fits the same chest size (i.e. ALL the 16" collar shirts say "fits 40 inch chest".
:puzzled:
The shirts that I bought this past year aren't even marked anymore. They are color coded.

Last edited:

NickCarraway

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The shirts that I bought this past year aren't even marked anymore. They are color coded.

The color codes were introduced last spring and were so idiotic and confusing that they've been replaced with the new system of matching shirt fit to suit fit.

From fullest to slimmest:

Traditional - Red - Traditional
Regular - Purple - Madison
Slim - Navy Blue - Regent
Extra Slim - Green - Milano

mebiuspower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The color codes were introduced last spring and were so idiotic and confusing that they've been replaced with the new system of matching shirt fit to suit fit.

From fullest to slimmest:

Traditional - Red - Traditional
Regular - Purple - Madison
Slim - Navy Blue - Regent
Extra Slim - Green - Milano

Yep they should really just be blunt and call them Texan, New Yorker, European, South African

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Surprised to find this on sale (half off) at my local Flatiron Shop. Still pricey given it's still made in China but the wool fabric seem to be of good quality.

Me, too. Does anyone know if you can get an add'l % off? The only thing I can think of is the new credit card discount (already have one) or that add'l 15% kicker that worked only on Xmas. Any other ideas for something already at 50% clearance? I don't need to have it RIGHT NOW. lol.

Jackboot

Reaction score

Me, too.  Does anyone know if you can get an add'l % off? The only thing I can think of is the new credit card discount (already have one) or that add'l 15% kicker that worked only on Xmas. Any other ideas for something already at 50% clearance? I don't need to have it RIGHT NOW. lol.

Too bad you missed the 25% off sale last weekend. I bought a bunch of stuff but now I'm wishing that I picked up a few more things...

Mr Sola

Reaction score
Any idea when the next F&F sale is going to be? I bought a Filson 256 during the last, but I need to exchange for a 258.

WiredandTired

Reaction score
Any idea when the next F&F sale is going to be? I bought a Filson 256 during the last, but I need to exchange for a 258.

If its an exchange, I am pretty sure they will re-apply the same discount outside of the sales period.

I've had this done before.

Contrary to the reactions some have with unhelpful SAs, they have always helped me as much as they can. A little courtesy to them goes a long way.

Mr Sola

Reaction score

If its an exchange, I am pretty sure they will re-apply the same discount outside of the sales period.  

I've had this done before.

Contrary to the reactions some have with unhelpful SAs, they have always helped me as much as they can.  A little courtesy to them goes a long way.

Yeah, the SA wasn't helpful AT ALL. I just called customer service, and they ordered the new one WITH the F&F discount AND free shipping.

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Too bad you missed the 25% off sale last weekend. I bought a bunch of stuff but now I'm wishing that I picked up a few more things...
So there were giving an add'l 25% even clearance prices? Please post when they do this again. Thanks.

Jackboot

Reaction score
Yes, an additional 25% off clearance prices. IIRC, the promo conditions stated that it didn't apply to sale stuff, but it did. They had the same offer around Christmas for several days. Definitely a good deal.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads