• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RevisIsland

Reaction score

During the after Christmas sale I bought a pair of Peal & Co and Harry's of London. I received 25% off, plus another 15% off.

They had to order the Harry's from another store to get my size. I received them in the mail and saw I only received 15% off. I spoke with the manager and apparently the SA was not supposed to quote me the 25% on the Harry's, but they honored it since it was their mistake. She said that Harry's is never discounted that deep.

Does anyone know if the Peal & Co were supposed to be only 15% off as well? I paid around $413 pre-tax (black wingtip calf dress shoes).

Sounds like bullshit to me.

NickCarraway

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

During the after Christmas sale I bought a pair of Peal & Co and Harry's of London. I received 25% off, plus another 15% off.

They had to order the Harry's from another store to get my size. I received them in the mail and saw I only received 15% off. I spoke with the manager and apparently the SA was not supposed to quote me the 25% on the Harry's, but they honored it since it was their mistake. She said that Harry's is never discounted that deep.

Does anyone know if the Peal & Co were supposed to be only 15% off as well? I paid around $413 pre-tax (black wingtip calf dress shoes).

Peal is always included in store wide percent-off sales. Harry's is treated like Edward Green and is usually excluded from sales except the corporate 30% off sales which aren't stackable.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So what are these Loake?AS?

Thanks.

Sorry I don't know.

Thanks. I noticed it also made on the 224 last. Typically do people size down 1/2 or take true to size on this last? I read that it's a pretty roomy last. 

I'm not sure about US sizes, but I wear an UK 8E in the Chilterns, which are on the 224 last, and they feel shorter than my Onslows (325 last) in UK 8E. I am a US 9D Brannock.

Last edited:

jedwards

Reaction score
Anyone know when there will go to next stage / final stage reductions?

There are some entirely unrequired and frivolous items I need to buy.

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
^
They are currently running the "winter clearance" sale online. I'm curious to see if the price is going to be lower later.
I had my eye on a "natural collection" sport coat during their after-Christmas sale but didn't pull the trigger. Now the price is still the same but the additional 15% off is no longer available.

sleepyinsanfran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TODAY'S SALE IS SOCKS!

tempting
sarcasm.gif

Last edited:

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just got notice that my nearest store is closing. :(

Does anyone know if they do closeout sales for in-store inventory when this happens?

Are you sure it a real closing or one of those fake closings where everything must go?

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I dunno, you tell me:

Looks real to me. I know my Palm Springs BB had a fake store closing years ago.
I would call them and ask. BB always has had great customer service.

N8ter

Reaction score

I just picked these Peal suede wingtips at 50% off.  

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Peal-Co.®-Distressed-Suede-Wingtips/MH00138,default,pd.html

Anyone have them?  Interested to see the color in person.  They are described as dark brown but definitely don't look dark to me which is good as I would prefer a mid-brown.  I'll post some shots when them come in a few days.

Maiden voyage today. I like 'em with jeans and khakis. They are darker than they appear below.

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PSA . . . these boots are part of the ongoing clearance sale:

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Vintage-Leather-Boots/MH00043,default,pd.html

I've been curious about genuine kudu (antelope leather, as opposed to the hefty, heavily oiled stuff Alden calls "kudu") for a while now, so I thought I'd check these out. I'm impressed. The leather is soft and pliable, yet very tough, and the calfskin lining gives the boots some luxury. They are comfortable out of the box and the last is sleek. There's no photo of the soles and the description isn't 100% clear about it, but as I suspected they are Dainite. At $349, I think they're an excellent bargain. By way of comparison, Epaulet just sold out of a run of Carmina kudu boots that retailed for $595.

Size-wise, 10D works well for me (I'm 9.5D in the Alden Barrie and 9.5E in the Allen Edmonds 1 and 5 lasts). A 9.5D is still showing on the website and I'll be returning a 10.5D so that should come available soon as well.

Last edited:

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
When do the corporate sales usually happen?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads