• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

forbritisheyes

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Corporate sale, when you can stack multi-buy with 30% off.
Is the Multi-buy 3 for 179 or 3 for 229? If I recall correctly, possession of the corporate card is the only way to take advantage of the sale, correct?

Has anyone every had good enough relations with an employee to stack on top of this sale?

Pochette

Reaction score
BB's website is truly terrible. I've tried for about 45 minutes to go through the payment process with a discount code and signed into shoprunner and keep the total the same from screen-to-screen. It was forcing me to checkout as a guest because signing in to my account would make the box for entering discount codes disappear. The shipping cost goes up and down from one screen to the next, and when I get to the payment screen the original discount it had been showing is cut in half.

While we're complaining about their website, I'll mention that they've taken away the ability to "favorite" items on your account. I would frequently favorite things so that I wouldn't forget about buying them later. For awhile you could work around this by adding the item to your cart and then favoriting it from the cart, but they have removed even this. To make matters worse, you also are forever stuck with the old items you have favorited, as there is no way to unfavorite them now. Do they actually want me to buy their clothes, or do they just enjoy running a website that doesn't sell anything?!

Troilus

Reaction score

Is the Multi-buy 3 for 179 or 3 for 229? If I recall correctly, possession of the corporate card is the only way to take advantage of the sale, correct?

Has anyone every had good enough relations with an employee to stack on top of this sale?

It's $229 less 30%, which comes out to $160. For staples, there's no better price.

You can stack through the website or just by calling their central telephone number. I do this every six months.

forbritisheyes

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
It's $229 less 30%, which comes out to $160. For staples, there's no better price.

You can stack through the website or just by calling their central telephone number. I do this every six months.
Cool. What other promotion/discount do you stack on top of this one?

Hype1234

Reaction score
I've never made a brooks bros purchase before, and the associates at my store seem pretty off-putting, but I'm wondering if they will generally bring in items online that are on sale or bring them in from other locations so you don't have to pay shipping fees. Thought I'd ask here before going in to ask.

Edit: I'm in Canada if that makes a difference

Last edited:

eotm

Reaction score
Is it just me or did BB take price across the board on staples (shirts/suits)? At the same time they seem to be heavily discounting some of the seasonal/fashionable stuff (assuming they just missed trend).

Unclear what the rationale is here - menswear is more competitive than ever with RL pushing into tailored Polo with lots of retail store openings. If this was 2010 you could make a case based on cotton prices. But with overall weak traffic trends and limited uptick in consumer spend, I'm not sure how they pull this off.

mebiuspower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never made a brooks bros purchase before, and the associates at my store seem pretty off-putting, but I'm wondering if they will generally bring in items online that are on sale or bring them in from other locations so you don't have to pay shipping fees. Thought I'd ask here before going in to ask.

Edit: I'm in Canada if that makes a difference

I'm in Canada and AFAIK they don't that anymore in order to maximize profit. What you see on sale in store is what you get. They can get an item that's in stock elsewhere in Canada but won't bring in stuff from the warehouse in the US.

Last edited:

az21833

Reaction score
anybody have any intel on the next 30% off corporate sale? When was the last one? I feel like we are overdue..

Also, when is the next F&F and the next Semi-annual? Out of the three - which is the best deal for a entry level suit (i assume 1818?)

thanks everybody!!

urfloormatt

Reaction score
anybody have any intel on the next 30% off corporate sale? When was the last one? I feel like we are overdue..

Also, when is the next F&F and the next Semi-annual? Out of the three - which is the best deal for a entry level suit (i assume 1818?)

thanks everybody!!
If history is any guide, there will be a corporate sale and a F&F in close proximity to each other, one in mid/late September and one in early/mid October. If you're in a popular size, expect that regardless of which comes first, the trendiest/seasonal items will all be decimated after the first sale is over.

F&F is 25% off, corporate is 30% off, semi-annual can go up to 40% off. For the past year or two, the semi-annual after Christmas stacks a bonus percent on top of the 40% for the first day or two.

Last edited:

forbritisheyes

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
If history is any guide, there will be a corporate sale and a F&F in close proximity to each other, one in mid/late September and one in early/mid October. If you're in a popular size, expect that regardless of which comes first, the trendiest/seasonal items will all be decimated after the first sale is over.

F&F is 25% off, corporate is 30% off, semi-annual can go up to 40% off. For the past year or two, the semi-annual after Christmas stacks a bonus percent on top of the 40% for the first day or two.
Do you think the "the semi-annual after Christmas stacks a bonus percent on top of the 40% for the first day or two." would be a better time to buy staple shirts?

brokencycle

Reaction score
Every few pages we get questions like "when is the next semi-annual sale?" I wish this didn't happen.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads