• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CYstyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have a question about BB sports shirt sizing. I wear a 15-33 in ESF for dress shirts, and they are a perfect fit on me. However, I want to check out their sports shirts and wanted to know if I should get a Small or Medium. From the size guide, it seems that M is 15-34 and S is a 14-33. Would you recommend that I purchase a Small or Medium?

Thanks!

I'd say small if you like it slimmer. M is a little roomier and more like a 15.5 imo

CYstyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wonder what types of clothing people are taking advantage of the bb ff sale for. Knits/sweaters? Shirts? Outerwear? Shoes?
For me it's been shirts, shirts, shirts.

typically if you need some sooner rather than later for fall and winter coming up. Also seasonal things in harder to find sizes that sell out toward the end of season. However if you are good on clothing for the near future, and are looking for more of a good deal to snipe, better sales come up later in the season, and also when they have like preferred customer sale, where you can stack it with clearance items from the previous season you get snipe good deals for the next year.

Stylego

Reaction score

typically if you need some sooner rather than later for fall and winter coming up. Also seasonal things in harder to find sizes that sell out toward the end of season. However if you are good on clothing for the near future, and are looking for more of a good deal to snipe, better sales come up later in the season, and also when they have like preferred customer sale, where you can stack it with clearance items from the previous season you get snipe good deals for the next year.

Yep, better sales are coming, Thanksgiving and Christmas come to mind. In the past, it was possible to come up with close to 40% savings.

Last edited:

sportin_life

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have a question about BB sports shirt sizing. I wear a 15-33 in ESF for dress shirts, and they are a perfect fit on me. However, I want to check out their sports shirts and wanted to know if I should get a Small or Medium. From the size guide, it seems that M is 15-34 and S is a 14-33. Would you recommend that I purchase a Small or Medium?

Thanks!

From my experience, the ESF sportshirts are slimmer than their dress shirts. I typically wear a 15-32 in ESF dress shirts and need to get it darted b/c it is too large on me (particularly the waist --- I can't size down to 14.5 regularly b/c the neck/chest is tight). When I wear ESF sportshirts, the small is pretty tight at the chest but I don't need to dart them for the waist i.e. it seems to have a slimmer fit and larger drop overall.

In your case, I would recommend a medium if the 15-33 fits you without alterations.

For the current sale, I picked up several of the ESF luxury shirts and a bunch of the ESF linen shirts, a Milano suit, and a BBBF pair of C&J shoes all from the sale section. With the 50% off (sale items) and the 25% off that, it was a total of 62.5% off, not bad at all. I love the ESF linen sportshirts and a steal at $40 each. Shipping hurts though (placed 2 separate orders so paid ~ $40 on shipping), but my local sales rep doesn't seem interested in placing orders during stacking sales.

amathew

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder what types of clothing people are taking advantage of the bb ff sale for. Knits/sweaters? Shirts? Outerwear? Shoes?
For me it's been shirts, shirts, shirts.

I was trying really hard not to buy anything, but there were a couple ESF sports shirts from the sale section that were calling my name.

I am still considering purchasing some sweaters as the one item I really NEED is a gray v-neck sweater. However, I'm not sure how slim fitting their sweaters are. BB cardigan sweaters tend to be pretty fitted, but I'm not sure about the v-neck basic sweaters. Of course, I assume that small sweaters in gray are all sold out by now.

I was also looking for a pair of loafers, but alas nothing looked appealing on the site.

TintinATL

Reaction score
I wear 15.5 in the ESF nad take an S in the sports shirts. I've tried the M but find it too baggy in the body and especially in the top of the sleeves. Mind you I always err on the slim side so YMMV. Why not buy both sizes and return what you don't want?

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tempted to buy a Black Fleece suit for $600.

I normally wear a size 38-40S. Should I go for BB2 or BB3 sizing? Does anyone have suit and pants measurement for these 2 sizes?

Looking at their size chart, BB2 = S; last time I wore an S, I was a 12 years old.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

amathew

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I normally wear a size 38-40S. Should I go for BB2 or BB3 sizing? Does anyone have suit and pants measurement for these 2 sizes?
Looking at their size chart, BB2 = S; last time I wore an S, I was a 12 years old.
Thanks in advance.

I wear a 38S and purchased a BB1 several months ago, and it fits great.

Alas, I don't have suit and pant measurements.

sportin_life

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks in advance.

38S is a BB1 and 40S is a BB2. The nice thing about the BBBF suits is that the (short) length is perfect if you're a short.

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wear a 38S and purchased a BB1 several months ago, and it fits great.

Alas, I don't have suit and pant measurements.

38S is a BB1 and 40S is a BB2. The nice thing about the BBBF suits is that the (short) length is perfect if you're a short.

Thank you :happy:

Last edited:

nepats81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is brooks brothers site down for anyone else? tried too look at shoes and give me an error

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ultra noob question regarding this tag. Is this golden fleece? Found it at Marshalls for ~$500 + tax

Fully canvassed with unfinished sleeves, has Martin Greenfield tags and is made of loro piana fabric. BB tag says $1900 list price
tumblr_matmjo6FBn1qb0bszo1_500.jpg

If so is $500 a good price?

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ultra noob question regarding this tag. Is this golden fleece?

That is a good question. The $1900 price, fully canvassed, and MG all point toward Golden Fleece but from a marketing point of view WTH are they doing putting that craptastic label on GF?

GF has used two types of labels for the last few years, one for custom tailored and one for OTR which specifies the cut (Madison or Fitz in my experience). Here are examples:

003-19.jpg
z4555.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads