• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's in YOUR wallet?

Cornellian

Reaction score
Originally Posted by UnFacconable
I think I (or more likely my parents) lost my social security card between 10 and 15 years ago. Why anyone would carry it around is beyond me, but I don't have any reason to go get a new card either. As long as you remember the nine digits, the card doesn't serve any function that I can recall.

I had to present an actual SS card when getting my driver's license in NC. Passport, WA State license, all no good.

phillyesq

Reaction score
I just use a colibri money clip. I carry 2 credit cards, drivers license, atm card, and cash. Nice and slim. On occassion, I carry a slim leather business card holder from BB. A few business cards, my bar license, and my health insurance card.

I moved away from the bulky wallet years ago, and I'm quite please traveling lighter.

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
Where, at McDonalds? I have never had an employer ask me for my SS card. SSN of course, or a driver's license or passport.

I've had Government jobs require a SS card or Passport as a second form of I.D.

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cornellian
I had to present an actual SS card when getting my driver's license in NC. Passport, WA State license, all no good.

Well why would one carry their SS card for around daily for such rare circumstances? Why not just bring it when you think it will be required, i.e. getting a DL or applying for a job?

Thebomb85019

Reaction score
What's up?

1t21cg.jpg

11t6d8n.jpg

Wanna see my Tom Ford Suits?

^Hahahahah Kidding, a simple card holder, 30 bucks for coffee, 2 credit cards, drivers license, student id card and metro pass is all i have.

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rjmaiorano
I've had Government jobs require a SS card or Passport as a second form of I.D.

You do need some form of ID to fill out your i-9 (I thought someone might raise this point), but as others have stated you do not need to use social security card, a passport will suffice. If you don't have a passport, you can use a drivers license and social security card.

Cornellian - surprised that you needed your social security card to get a license in North Carolina, it's been so long since I got my CA drivers license that I don't recall whether I needed one. Sounds like I may not ever need it again (not planning on getting a license outside this state).

billiebob

Reaction score
Originally Posted by up1bin
Have you ever applied to and got a job? Employers require their newly hired employees to come in with their SS Card.

No employer has ever asked to see my SS card. Tho they did run background checks.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
about $140 in 20s, 10s, 5s, and 1s

A few debit/credit cards
AAA card
Costco Card
California DL
car insurance card (folded up)

Have a jack spade wallet. Its about 3 years old but is holding up really well, its pretty beat though...maybe I should clean it.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
nice wallet. ferragamo makes some good billfolds and wallets.

I have the full sized version of that wallet...its a great wallet EXCEPT for the inside lining which started peeling off all over my cards..no idea why, there is some kind of rubbery substance..perhaps to keep cards from falling out of the wallet...I couldn't fix it, even took it to the Ferragamo store and a few cobblers to see if they could do anything.

3880761012_feed53ce25.jpg

the film is what I scraped out of one of the card compartments...its like a rubbery paper...but came off on my cards and was hard to remove
currently scraping it all out right now...maybe start using it again after I pick it all out with some tweezers

I also have the slim card holder version of that (not folding) but my mom took it when she went to Europe last year and just kinda of kept it.
frown.gif

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Goodyear welted, shell cordovan Mastercard and raw Japanese selvage Visa from Capital One
wink.gif
. In all seriousness: It's a Bally card case with five slots, perfect for my driver's license, Amex, Mastercard, debit card, health insurance card and a folded up C-note. I've thought of switching to a small Bally billfold, because I think it looks really nice, but it might be a bit big in my front pocket, and I have better things to spend $185 on right now.

modern_leifeng

Reaction score
As a Banana Luxe member, they sent me one of their leather card cases a few years back, pretty decent and holding up well, though probably need an upgrade in a year or two. The few cards I need go in that and money i keep loose in my pocket. Don't carry a wallet, hate the idea of wallets.

graphite

Reaction score
i also, carry a filson card case.

inside:

303.00 in cash
apt gate magnetic card thing
credit card x1
debit card x1
d/l
mil id
handgun license

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads