• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Whats a good job for a college student?

KamoteJoe

Farmer Diva
Reaction score
The best advice that I can give you is one from personal experience, try to get a job at your universities library working a desk, usually the pay is good and you can spend the majority of your time focusing on your own studies, occasionally helping people get books and such.
This.

I'm currently working as a student manager of operations in my University Center and as a programmer and marketer for a campus-based tech start-up. With the former, when I'm not doing my rounds, I get to catch up on homework; as for the latter, well I can easily allot time to homework depending on how much my team can get done in a meeting. Find jobs which may potentially end up in better pay or long-term employment, then think about how much you'd enjoy then job and finally, figure out how to slot that into your schedule so you don't feel like you're oversubscribing to commitments.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I am currently a college student and was wondering what are some good places to work at while going to school? Also what companies are more prone to hiring the young?

Internships, paying or not, that will get you a good job as a college graduate.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads