• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I finished The Plumbers last night. Amusing show. Woody Harrelsons accent and mannerisms were distracting. Thought Justin Theroux was great.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MV5BZTVkYWZkMzUtNDM3OS00NWUyLTllNzQtNTdhYTMzODc0N2MwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTUzMTg2ODkz._V1_.jpg

The daughter picked this- we binged through all eight episodes last night. Unexpectedly decent, especially if you're looking for something to watch with kids in the 10-15ish age range.

Cotillion

Reaction score
I don't agree (at all, but different strokes), though would be curious to know what else you put up near the top of your all time lists.

Succession doesn't crack my top 5 but I can't resist:

The Wire
The Bureau
Gomorrah
Six Flying Dragons
Twin Peaks

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Succession doesn't crack my top 5 but I can't resist:

The Wire
The Bureau
Gomorrah
Six Flying Dragons
Twin Peaks
Neither good nor bad, but that is one incredibly novel quintet. Gomorrah's on HBO now, no? I'm committed to trying Twin Peaks the newer after seeing this. I gave the first few episodes a try when it first came out, but was only giving it halfass attention, and it didn't stick at all.

Cotillion

Reaction score
Neither good nor bad, but that is one incredibly novel quintet. Gomorrah's on HBO now, no? I'm committed to trying Twin Peaks the newer after seeing this. I gave the first few episodes a try when it first came out, but was only giving it halfass attention, and it didn't stick at all.

Yes it is. Definitely watch the subtitles version not dubbed! I didn't get into the new Twin Peaks either when it first came out but a few years later I binged the 90s seasons then the new one and I fell in love with it. Definitely worth it when you're in the mood.

Oswald Cornelius

Reaction score
Finished Succession. I'd place it in the top five all time
Agreed. In fact, it may be my number one. As much as I was repulsed by the characters (honestly, not as much as a lot of people) I thoroughly enjoyed this show for a ton of reasons: Plot, dialogue, character development, acting, cinematography (freaking amazing,) locations and sets, wardrobe, humor, pathos, dynamic tension, etc, etc.

Seems like people were love/hate with Succession. I'm in the love column. In fact, I started the entire series from the beginning after the finale, and it's better the second time, even knowing how it turns out in the end. There was a lot of chatter out there about Jesse Armstrong (creator) ending the show this season or continuing it. Based on the second viewing (at least so far) it's hard to believe he didn't have the entire four-season story arc created from the first episode. That's not to say he couldn't have stretched it out another couple seasons with the same ending, just that all the episodes work together as a whole--a complete, cohesive work of art.

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The music and writing were fantastic. That crescendo when Ken was walking in the park and the music hit coupled with the camera hovering behind him :chefskiss:

******* It's my number one show all time

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 45 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads