• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
S2 sucked. Show was a covid victim that lost all momentum once it got delayed during covid.

If anything S1 benefitted from covid.

And not just the fact that everyone was locked at home looking for content--the best bit in the whole show was the airlock scene...almost seems hard to believe that was filmed in 2019 and not written as a covid allegory.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Started watching this one a couple of nights ago, because I wanted something light and undemanding.
MV5BOGFlN2Y1OTQtMjBhMy00ODE0LTk0OTctMWFkMjkyZjJkYWE4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTMzNzIyNDc1._V1_.jpg

I'm only about 3 episodes in, but it's not bad so far. It's not especially complicated and it moves quickly. Hopefully, it doesn't collapse in the latter part. It's already been renewed for a second season, which is a minor miracle for a scripted show at Netflix these days.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Started watching this one a couple of nights ago, because I wanted something light and undemanding.
View attachment 1947829
I'm only about 3 episodes in, but it's not bad so far. It's not especially complicated and it moves quickly. Hopefully, it doesn't collapse in the latter part. It's already been renewed for a second season, which is a minor miracle for a scripted show at Netflix these days.

I got 2 eps in and stopped. Not necessarily because of the content....just switched to something else.

Interesting to read your review if you complete.

Last edited:

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
+1 to The Diplomat. We also noticed the parallels to Madam Secretary, right down to the constantly unkempt hair.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Preview....

Oswald Cornelius

Reaction score
The Recruit: I have some friends from a past life with experience in the intelligence community who loved it--said it was obvious someone involved had been in that field. That said, it took me a few false starts to get hooked but then I burned through all the episodes in a couple nights.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
the-nurse-2023-netflix-review-1280x640.jpg

Rainy weekend expected in NYC and starting a new gig on Monday. I need something to occupy my time. I started this today.

This story has been done before....this is the Danish version.

Newly crowned nurse starts at a local hospital. She is a sorta single parent....but that's not the plot.

What is happening at her hospital? People are dying and no one knows why? Well...someone at the hospital is administering stuff that they should not!

Da F?

I just finished ep 1 of 4.

I have seen documentaries about situations like this. Apparently, this was based on a real life sicko!

No review so far......

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
the-nurse-2023-netflix-review-1280x640.jpg

Rainy weekend expected in NYC and starting a new gig on Monday. I need something to occupy my time. I started this today.

This story has been done before....this is the Danish version.

Newly crowned nurse starts at a local hospital. She is a sorta single parent....but that's not the plot.

What is happening at her hospital? People are dying and no one knows why? Well...someone at the hospital is administering stuff that they should not!

Da F?

I just finished ep 1 of 4.

I have seen documentaries about situations like this. Apparently, this was based on a real life sicko!

No review so far......

Finished this last night.

Solid and the suspense builds up throughout this 4 part series.

3.5/5.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finished The Recruit last night. I liked it and I think they set it up well for next season. One aspect I thought was interesting and realistic was the way the main character did not progress from newb lawyer totally out of his depth into a badass action hero. He has a few moments, but they're mostly through him thinking well on his feet and talking his way out of bad scenarios, not suddenly beating the s**t out of half a dozen Special Forces dudes. Mostly it's a lot of him flailing around with some very dangerous people.

On a side note, I think Netflix is getting better with episode control. It used to feel like every season of its shows had at least two more episodes than it needed. This one felt solid all the way through, with no filler.

My wife tells me we have a trial subscription to Apple+. I think I'll give Slow Horses a try, since I'm on a bit of a spy show kick currently.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads