• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Night Agent on Netflix was pretty good. Similar to The Recruit, an easy to watch political thriller that has decent pacing and action.
We just started that as well. My wife and I are enjoying it. Teenaged daughter not at all impressed

Incidentally I couldn’t remember where I saw the main character before. He was in “Kings of Summer” which is a fantastic coming of age indy movie. Highly recommended.

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure that you could figure out who it is by checking their instas and things like hobbies and geographic locations.
Now I’m invested in figuring it out. Are we talking Seattle area? There’s multiple hits for contestants and MMA/jiu jitsu. One is particularly awkward.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Night Agent? If you enjoy watching a 90 min actioner presented in a ten episode format.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Night Agent? If you enjoy watching a 90 min actioner presented in a ten episode format.
I liked that. Fun, though it could have been more. It felt like it expanded, and then contracted.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now I’m invested in figuring it out. Are we talking Seattle area? There’s multiple hits for contestants and MMA/jiu jitsu. One is particularly awkward.
Lol. No hints and one guess only. But in college, he would do things like go straight from practice, no shower, to a ballroom dancing class. He always had some scheme to meet girls, and definitely was the type to read how to books about dating. When I first met him, he was just a kid, but then I took a long time off bjj, and when I got back, the sport had changed a lot, and he had gone from maybe 160 to probably 190 of grown man, and meanwhile I’d undergone a bunch of surgeries. He was leg locking and out wrestling me all over the place, and it took a solid year to catch back up with him. He was also really quite serious about it, traveling abroad to train at weeklong seminars with world class grapplers, etc…

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Night Agent on Netflix was pretty good. Similar to The Recruit, an easy to watch political thriller that has decent pacing and action.

That has been in my queue since it dropped. Will get to it one day.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
...When I first met him, he was just a kid, but then I took a long time off bjj, and when I got back, the sport had changed a lot, and he had gone from maybe 160 to probably 190 of grown man...

idk sounds like he already found love ?

Cotillion

Reaction score
I loved Copenhagen Cowboy. It won't appeal to everyone, it will definitely be a love it or hate show. Refn definitely goes full-blown slow-burn style here (like Béla Tarr) but for people who can get into this very un-Hollywood style, I think the show is a work of art. Love the soundtrack and how he is doing something completely different than what is usually shown.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
AAAABezuSA7RatBamibWmc2PNmQIhUxcwg4QmjxScH5CyCUrxh0AUCpuIGzJGA77TivlohxcYAm2AH4689BnOMHooqaf27V90-NSD4z6v8HGXbHlXSWhtR5vhaweUaynIlxkdRjsXw.jpg

Started this documentary last night!

Back in 2005, a group of wily crooks get the idea to rent a house not far from the main bank, tunnel underneath and into the bank vault, and make off with 160+ million reais(appr $31 million USD)....3+ metric tons of cash!

Think The Bank Job...Brazil style!

There are interviews with some of the law enforcement players and a few of the main proper villains.

3 episodes. 1 hour each.

By mid ep 2, I was dozing off a bit but I will look to finish it tonight/tomorrow.

So far....3/5.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The-Night-Agent_1676827988.jpg

Just finished ep 1 of this 10 part series.

An FBI agent is working night duty answering a phone that only other agents call when they are in serious trouble. Well, someone calls....and they are in serious trouble!

The caller is the niece of 2 agents(she was not aware of this) who gave her the number....and is now on the run.

Agent picks up the frantic call and is now tasked with protecting her. Apparently, there is a mole in the White House and some serious $hit is about to go down!

I have been jumping around various series...but this was a good start. Gonna stick with it. Mind you, just ep 1.

Rating upon conclusion!

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^Started watching that one, too. I'm 4 episodes in and it's pretty solid. Plot is sufficiently twisty and the characters are more well rounded than I expected. I, too, will hold off on the final rating until I've finished all 10 episodes. But Netflix likes it- I read it's already been renewed for a second season.

esoxm

Reaction score
The White Gold recommendations were great - always loved the inbetweeners (found the first season of that on an inflight entertainment system and spent most of a red eye dying laughing).

While I’m on the British comedy kick I’m also working through the new season of stath lets flats. Painfully stupid but also hilarious, I remember the first two seasons being better than this one

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads