• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I feel like I’m the only one who doesn’t “get” Succession. It’s perfectly fine, and I do like it, but the plaudits it seems to do consistently receive blows my mind.
I think this may just be a side effect of growing up with entitled, spoiled cunts lol

I used to love Succession - but was a little bit underwhelmed by the 1st episode for the 3rd season. My issue at the moment with the show is they're simply replaying what we've seen before - Kendall is technically the underdog you should root for but is incredibly out of touch, Shivan is a wannabe player, Roman is a sniveling tool/creep, Greg is clumsy and clueless as usual, Logan is a turd. We'll see if anything particularly new happens as the season goes along. If nothing changes I'll give up on the show after the season wraps.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Those are some well-defined characters, it’s true. I don’t think that’s a bad thing, as long as the plot’s not too much of a retread.

Last night was essentially just people sitting around talking, but man was the dialogue sharp.

I’d still like to see a Tom and Greg spin-off.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've watched the first season after seeing it pop up in my Netflix recommendations for a while. I like it so far; the base premise of time travel is handled reasonably logically and the character development is solid. It's not going to blow your mind, but it's good entertainment. I'd rate it a B, with the caveat that it could change with future seasons.
Updating this opinion on Travelers, since I've finished all three seasons. I really enjoyed it. The characters evolved realistically and there were some genuinely affecting storylines with real emotional weight. It wrapped up reasonably well, too, which is rare in a series. I'll bump it up to an A overall.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Updating this opinion on Travelers, since I've finished all three seasons. I really enjoyed it. The characters evolved realistically and there were some genuinely affecting storylines with real emotional weight. It wrapped up reasonably well, too, which is rare in a series. I'll bump it up to an A overall.
I liked S1, but stopped shortly after that- it's jarring with S2 starts off very differently.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Gave that Paul Rudd Living With Yourself vehicle a go the other night. Two episodes was all I could handle.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I liked S1, but stopped shortly after that- it's jarring with S2 starts off very differently.
Yeah, the shift is a lot. I stopped watching after the first couple of episodes in S2, also. I went back to it after a month or two and tried again. I liked it better after the break.

yorkshire pud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ghosts on BBC is solid. The American remake just came out and it’s not the same humor, but has some laughs.

I didn't think that one would make it over, but it's decent?

There is another BBC show called "Uncle" that I think you might like starring Nick Helm, if it's on BBC America??

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Gave that Paul Rudd Living With Yourself vehicle a go the other night. Two episodes was all I could handle.
He's best taken in small doses.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I used to love Succession - but was a little bit underwhelmed by the 1st episode for the 3rd season. My issue at the moment with the show is they're simply replaying what we've seen before - Kendall is technically the underdog you should root for but is incredibly out of touch, Shivan is a wannabe player, Roman is a sniveling tool/creep, Greg is clumsy and clueless as usual, Logan is a turd. We'll see if anything particularly new happens as the season goes along. If nothing changes I'll give up on the show after the season wraps.

Watched episode 3 last night. Things are picking up! The episode strangely left me on edge at the end however - I say strange because I think I may have felt a little sorry for Kendall plus Shivan's anger was palpable. Serves them both right though. I also concur with Roman and Conrad keeping their collective noses clean.

One question how did Kendall get all those speakers/boomboxes into the building?

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those of you that might care, looks like they've just finished shooting for season 2 of Warrior Nun. No word yet on when it will be available, though.
I'm hoping they do some kind of inter-show tie in.
1636482164605.png

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
MV5BMjc5ODliMGUtY2M4Ny00ZTg5LTg2NTUtMDQ0MzYxZDc2ZTU0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjEzNDI5OTA@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Just caught the first ep of this last night - Body Count: The Green River Killer.

Season 1 of this documentary series takes us on a journey through some of the most grizzly crimes committed. S1 is 4 eps, but 2 are from the same crime.

It basically outlines the crimes and hunt for the killer(s).

Nothing groundbreaking, but pretty good stuff.

4/5.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads