• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What to wear to the Belmont Stakes (tomorrow!)

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Come on!
You don;t state what type of ticket you have.
Unless you are going to the Dining Room or have plans before/after, just wear whatever you want.

God Damm......people now post re what they should wear to the racetrack?

I mean, if you had an outfit and provided pics and asked if this was AOK, that is one thing. But you are asking what to wear to the track?

Last edited:

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm going to Costco and Home Depot tomorrow. Any ideas of what I should wear? It's going to be 82.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm going to Costco and Home Depot tomorrow.  Any ideas of what I should wear?  It's going to be 82.

Please post flicks of 3 options and the forum will evaluate. Also, please start a poll.

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Come on!
You don;t state what type of ticket you have.
Unless you are going to the Dining Room or have plans before/after, just wear whatever you want.

God Damm......people now post re what they should wear to the racetrack?

I mean, if you had an outfit and provided pics and asked if this was AOK, that is one thing. But you are asking what to wear to the track?

i wanna look mad swagaellic, NAWMMEANN?

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please post flicks of 3 options and the forum will evaluate. Also, please start a poll.

Will do. I'm currently torn between: (i) cargo shorts, a t-shirt and flip flops; (ii) a navy blue pinstripe suit with brown cap toes, a blue shirt and a purple tie; or (iii) a seersucker suit with a bow tie (which I do not own yet, so will need to purchase today). Will post pictures of all options tomorrow as well as pictures of the specific Home Depot and Costco and the shopping lists.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Will do.  I'm currently torn between:  (i) cargo shorts, a t-shirt and flip flops; (ii) a navy blue pinstripe suit with brown cap toes, a blue shirt and a purple tie; or (iii) a seersucker suit with a bow tie (which I do not own yet, so will need to purchase today).  [COLOR=FF00AA]Will post pictures of all options tomorrow as well as pictures of the specific Home Depot and Costco and the shopping lists.[/COLOR]

Brilliant!

See OP, that is how it is done!

Last edited:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

i wanna look mad swagaellic, NAWMMEANN?

Honestly, how the **** is anyone going to suggest what you should wear if they don't know what you own?

Rock a seersucker suit and straw hat. You have that?
Rock a linen shirt with some loafers and jeans. You have that?

Come on bro.....help SF help you!
:brick:

The ******* internet has spoiled people. Couldn't you just google "Belmont Stakes menswear" first?

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Honestly, how the **** is anyone going to suggest what you should wear if they don't know what you own?

Rock a seersucker suit and straw hat. You have that?
Rock a linen shirt with some loafers and jeans. You have that?

Come on bro.....help SF help you!
:brick:

The ******* internet has spoiled people. Couldn't you just google "Belmont Stakes menswear" first?

well...thats the thing. the website actually has dress codes for certain sections of the track. we wont be in the ritzy sections, just GA grandstand. that said, if i go super casual with a t-shirt and shorts, i dont want to look like an idiot.

conversely, its going to be 85 degrees so i dont want to dress up if i dont have to.

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

conversely, its going to be 85 degrees so i dont want to dress up if i dont have to.

Then why are you on this board?

This is a place for people who generally love to 'dress up', and a one- off occasion like the Belmont gives you the chance to do something a bit more outré than you would for the usual routine events like work, barbecue, church, diner, etc.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads