• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Just watched The Shape of Water. Great film. Excellent performances, great script, predictable story. I thought there were a couple of fun nods to the original Gill-Man.

Slin

Reaction score
For my french guy, L'Atelier. A writer women comes from Paris to propose at teenagers a writing workshop in La Ciotat (South of the France, Cote d'Azur). They have to try to write a crime novel, they join their thoughts during few days. How does the novel will began ? They have to speak about the past of la Ciotat or speak about the present ? Young people have several origins and political opinion... Really interesting, don't want to explain more...

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Saw Black Panther. Meh. It was fine but didn’t live up to the hype. Visually enjoyable, you can see hiw they spent all that money on costumes. Acting was fine, with mostly appealing and charasmatic folks. Fight and battle scenes where chaotic mishmashes of CGI stuff, and way too much time was spent on repeating the central “challenge” fight between Good Panther and Bad Panther three times.
Just saw Three Billboards on a plane and enjoyed it.

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just watched The Shape of Water. Great film. Excellent performances, great script, predictable story. I thought there were a couple of fun nods to the original Gill-Man.
I saw the poster and thought Lovecraft must be rolling in his grave.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Saw Black Panther. Meh. It was fine but didn’t live up to the hype. Visually enjoyable, you can see hiw they spent all that money on costumes. Acting was fine, with mostly appealing and charasmatic folks. Fight and battle scenes where chaotic mishmashes of CGI stuff, and way too much time was spent on repeating the central “challenge” fight between Good Panther and Bad Panther three times.
Just saw Three Billboards on a plane and enjoyed it.
racistasswhitepeoplesasyswhat

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This has probably been discussed a zillion times, but I have to express my opinion. This most recent Star Wars movie (last jedi) was absolutely atrocious, one of the worst things I"ve seen in a long long time (in a galaxy far away). I'm stunned by the rave reviews this thing got. This literally watched like lucas walked through an audience, found someone with no familiarity with any of the previous movies, handed him a "checklist" of requirements and basically said anything goes.

I felt like this was going through a series of checkboxes - all characters, cute cuddly creatures to make into toys, etc. Half the movie where they meet the gambler and jump from planet to planet trying to save the day literally had no consequence. Maz Kenad....the female companion of Finn...none of them mattered at all. It felt like Oceans 12 - surprise! This didn't actually matter to the plot!. And Laura Dern flies the ship through the battleship and destroys it...hmmm....why didn't they do that to the Death Star years ago?

Luke...what happened to Hammil? He looked like a bum off the street. His training was pretty impressive - like watching Terry Silver train Daniel on Karate Kid 3. Worthless. This is the guy who brought balance to the force...trying to kill kylo in his sleep. Makes perfect sense. Yoda's back..and apparently he can burn stuff from the dead. Cool. Rey's parents were just a bunch of bums....so how did she get so powerful - no reason, she must have been lucky.

I'm not saying I loved episodes 1-3, the acting was horrible. I'm not saying VII was the greatest thing ever. But it was well done. It captured the essence of star wars, like a remake of IV almost, the same but different. It introduced you to the people and felt nostalgic at the same time. This movie did none of that. Hope Abrams fixes things in IX

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am currently going through some old Film Noire and other black and white favourites.
D.O.A., The Postman Always Rings Twice, Kiss Of Death, etc. I enjoy watching these films for the clothes and for the nostalgia. Invasion Of The Body Snatchers is next on my list, followed by The Incredible Shrinking Man.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I saw 3 billboards on Saturday. It was good but don't think it was great. Didn't have any particular issues with it but I spent much of the movie messing around on my phone and laptop which is rare for me.

This scene and the subsequent rampage were awesome:

Last edited:

King Calder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw Isle of Dogs. Pretty dull but some fun details and scenes that leveraged the use of stop motion animation well. characters were all very drab, with no real grandiose personality to drive the movie like in most other wes anderson joints. one of his weakest imo, but still worth seeing.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5298619.jpg

Annonceark-2x50-You-Were-Never-Really-Here-page-001-620x350.jpg

Both worth seeing.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
4f2521b6af749197f4df16b547dac798.jpg

From 1953 with Yves Montand in one of his first major roles and with a rare 100% score on RT. Glad to finally have gotten around to this one, but I enjoyed William Friedkin's Sorcerer from 1977 more (which might just be because that was the adaptation of The Wages of Fear that I saw first).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads