• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pierce and Olga were watchable enough, but the movie was dumb and ugly.

audiophilia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
99 Houses on Netflix. Was not expecting much. Surprised. Excellent. Worth your time. If its anything near accurate, ugh. Fannie Mae, foreclosures, etc.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From the dvd shelf, over the weekend:

:inlove:

A boyhood favourite.

The Hunt for Red October is my preferred Jack Ryan movie, but this one is still efficiently entertaining.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lucas ripped off the Dam Busters for Star Wars. It's so ******* blatant it's laughable. He still won't admit it.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Lucas ripped off the Dam Busters for Star Wars. It's so ******* blatant it's laughable. He still won't admit it.

I always thought it was more of a Western ripoff.

The Directors Cut while sitting at home while waiting for a tradie to arrive. First time in years still a fantastic dystopian vision of the future. Great cast, great script and great director. Sci Fi at its visual pre CGI best.

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

he did, but he never denied it it was more of a homeage, even on official site there's anckonledgement of that

if he wanted to deny that i think he'd change the dailogue more than that;

Dialogue from "The Dam Busters":
Gibson: "How many guns do you think there are, Trevor?"
Trevor-Roper: "I'd say there are about ten guns - some in the field, and some in the tower."

Dialogue from "Star Wars: A New Hope":
Gold Leader: "How many guns do you think Gold Five?"
Gold Five: "I'd say 20 guns. Some on the surface, some on the tower."

articule from offical website- http://www.starwars.com/news/the-cinema-behind-star-wars-the-dam-busters
"For modern audiences and Star Wars fans, The Dam Busters is definitely worth watching. If you want to watch it with the kids, I’d recommend getting your hands on the American version if you can. The canine mascot of one of the pilots has an offensively racist name in the British version, but they dubbed over it in the American version, changing the dog’s name to “Trigger.”"
:rotflmao:

Last edited:

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

more surreal and witty than most hitchcock films, It wasn't top-tier but I liked it

Last edited:

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With Canberra in the depths of winter its definitely movie time seen a few lately and here is just a few.

Don Cheadle directed cowrote and presents a potent film which captures the lost years and some interesting back flashes of Miles Davis private life and career :worship: however, and its a big however as the lost years component with its guns, car chase a bullshit Rolling Stone journalist played by Ewan McGregor.Is just crap I'm all for artistic licence but, if you have read Miles biography or any other books on Miles you'll know why. Saw it on a rain swept Sunday interesting but (sadly) forgettable aside from Cheadie's performance which i must admit was something else.

Two Clint Eastwood gems Mystic River and Gran Torino

A story of three Boston childhood friends whose lives are changed for ever when one is abducted by child molesters. Cut to the present and its about love, murder, power and revenge and how the three men are drawn back together agin with tragic consequences. Admirable performances by Sean Penn Tim Robbins and Kevin Bacon.

Clint plays Korean veteran who is foul mouthed racist bigot of a certain grumpy old age adjusting to being a widower. He's the last bastion of blue collar white male supremacy whose neighbourhood has been repopulated by Asian refugees resettled after the Vietnam war. But Clint's character is about to embark on a journey of redemption with the aid of his young Asian neighbours who are being harassed by fellow ethnic gangbangers. If you can get past the continual over the top racist language its a great flick.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads