• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

Roy Al

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I loved the hell out of that movie. Really good stuff I thought.

I was positively surprised, since I have noticed this for years, seen it got good ratings and so on, but didn't bother watch it as I thought it was too sentimental, and just an other KZ-movie.
Lacking a movie last night Net Flix came up with this for me. It has it's shortcomings, but is a good movie that rises interesting and actual questions in an appealing way; how far are you willing to go to survive? The movie is rather pessimistic and sees us as opportunists: both nazis and prisoners - but to a very high price. It's open ended; but suggests we might be better off to die for freedom, than just surviving to a life not worth living.

Roy Al

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spy Hard - Rick Friedberg (1996)

20 Years haven't added anything to this movie. Funny in parts, but instead of Spy Hard it should be named Try Hard (and end up cheesy). I remembered it as funnier, but I might mix it with som of the other spy movies that the very funny Leslie Nielsen appears in. It's so many years ago.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Loved this movie when it first came out and haven't seen it in 40 years. Still holds up. A great example of the "honest man who won't take it anymore" genre. The score is fantastic.

lefty

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

A funny movie with some big names. The Samuel L. Jackson character alone makes the movie worth watching. The violence is almost cartoonish.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Big short: best from the bunch. Great acting and dumbed down the content enough that I didn't have to explain everything to my gf...and made an otherwise boring topic to the masses pretty entertaining. Only issue is there was a lot of shared screen time and not one lead imo idk how that factors into award season

Agree with OC … lol at the "explaining to you gf" comment. Can't say I learned anything, but it was enjoyable if not a bit disturbing.

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Agree with OC … lol at the "explaining to you gf" comment. Can't say I learned anything, but it was enjoyable if not a bit disturbing.

to be fair she's one of the most intelligent people i know, which includes mensa members...that being said she doesnt give finance the time of day, and as someone who worked and studied capital markets it was a very fair and accurate representation of how it all shook down

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Almost cartoonish?

Fun movie. I hope the rumored sequel is at least decent.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Almost cartoonish?

Fun movie.  I hope the rumored sequel is at least decent.

They are going to have to pick the villain, both casting and writing, quiet carefully to top what they had.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

to be fair she's one of the most intelligent people i know, which includes mensa members...that being said she doesnt give finance the time of day, and as someone who worked and studied capital markets it was a very fair and accurate representation of how it all shook down

Oh I didn't mean that to sound at all as if she were not smart… my apologies if so… I'd need to explain it to my gf as well and she has a JD, MBA and like 2 or 3 other degrees! Just agreed with your comment in how some of the explanations were made very accessible for the general viewer. I think you would have to explain it to anybody who didn't work/study the market.

I was intrigued by Bale's portrayal of Dr. Burry … I didn't know much about him personally.

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oh I didn't mean that to sound at all as if she were not smart… my apologies if so… I'd need to explain it to my gf as well and she has a JD, MBA and like 2 or 3 other degrees! Just agreed with your comment in how some of the explanations were made very accessible for the general viewer. I think you would have to explain it to anybody who didn't work/study the market.

I was intrigued by Bale's portrayal of Dr. Burry … I didn't know much about him personally.

haha no worries it was more me trying to cover my basis with what I said.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Our very own Hannibal Lecter

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads