• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As some well-deserved escapism, I enjoyed Man From U.N.C.L.E. Yeah Cavil is a real looker. :happy:

Just watched the Man from UNCLE. Henry Cavill inspires massive jealousy on my part - he is just too good looking.

I liked Ant Man along the same lines… just a fun diversion.

IMG

Last edited:

Roy Al

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
La battaglia di Algeri - Gillo Pontecorvo (1966)

This is probably the best political movie I've seen - and much needed in our political polarized time.
It's an oldie, 50 years old, but feels fresh. The camerawork is eminent in between, and mixes the use of actors and people in RL. Exiting as well, we know the leads will be killed, but their cause will win in the end.The movie is never sentimental, but points to the ridiculous politic where the mighty country suppresses the weaker, and we are never in doubt who to sympathize with. The movie is in black and white, and some parts of the conflict is also in monocrome - but still we see real people both among the french and the Algerian.
Every once in a while this movie reminded me of early Eisenstein, since it it is not the actors that's most important - it's the story.
A good flick.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had freebies for this last night

A retelling of the Faust story set amongst the greed and despair of the Florida realestate market post GFT very good performances from the leads. 4/5

Mrs GF commented its more like reality TV. Heavy going but worth it.

Last edited:

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
HOLY **** THERE'S A TERMORS 5? WHY WAS I NOT INFORMED?

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Word from above was to keep you out of the loop . Who did you piss off?

I thought I was very respectful to Michael Gross when I met him many years ago.

Roy Al

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Les parapluies de Cherbourg - Jacques Demy (1964)

0.jpg

Second visit, twice as tormented. This is pure beauty. All who have loved and lost watch this.

Roy Al

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Y tu mamá también - Alfonso Cuarón ( 2001)

0.jpg

Two immature friends take a newly separated woman on a roadtrip, mostly to ******** with her. But they are mistaken since she has more to her than just being sweet and fuckable.

Just loved this beautiful and bittersweet movie about friendship, youth, loyalty and the important matters compared to agespecific peerpressure. Filming is good and fresh and there are some quite nice shoots in here. Relaxed acting. Just a joy.

Roy Al

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Motorcycle Diaries - Walter Salles (2004)

An other roadmovie with Gael García Bernal an okey actor, not brilliant, but good and not just good-looking.
This is a charming movie about two friends, Augusto and Che Guevara, in their youth, traveling in South America and the strains and joy of their friendship.
It is also a story about how Che changed from an ordinary middle class boy most concerned with fun to become deeply social concerned after the unjust and exploitation he witnesses.
The story is entertaining and not without irony and humor. The camerawork is just ordinary, not much new or different here. Good move, fun to watch.

0.jpg

Roy Al

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bad education - Pedro Almodòvar (2004)

This is an interesting movie about trust and misuse, lies and truth, passion and identity, who is exploiting who? It's also a movie about making a movie, and there are quite some twists in here. And it is a movie about love that is not returned.
Almodòvar is a true artist, and has his very own style: bright colours, a typical clearness in the scenes and always people who have to come to terms with some hidden secrets about their past. He is an actors director, and he is good at showing persons with a wide range of qualities, and his movies seem always well prepared and well done. His movies can easily be watched several times, there is much in there to discover.
It took me some years to like his intellectual and somewhat distant, almost chilly way of telling stories, but after 'All about my mother' I just love him.

0.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads