• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Special effects heavy stuff I watch in theaters to take full advantage of the screen size + sound system, the rest I can just watch at home.

I go the opposite way. Big SFX with matching sound gives me a headache in a theatre, but is manageable at home. Give me Grace Kelly blown up to 40 feet.

Torrents, my friend! Hate it or love it!

I know too many people in the movie business and can't steal their work.

lefty

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
11535738_1.jpg

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Caught Birdman last week and REALLY enjoyed it. It had the right touches of cinematic flair, both campy and ridiculously good acting, comedy and drama, and was an experience that I thought about for a day or two afterward. It was also my first movie at the Nitehawk in Williamsburg and I really enjoyed that experience as well. Will definitely be back again. It doesn't hurt that I'm starting to see a girl who lives in that 'hood.

Finally saw Blue Is The Warmest Color. Very good movie. The sex scenes were gratuitous though. A friend described it as a lesbian movie made by a man and therefore lingered far too long in those aspects. I'm not sure I quite agree as that being the reason, but what do I know, as a straight man #privilege

I really enjoyed the Grand Budapest Hotel and this thread reminded me that I still haven't seen The Life Aquatic nor Moonrise Kingdom. I watched Aquatic last night and I'm kinda torn on it. I need to hold off on watching any other Wes Anderson because his style seems to take a while to recover from in order to keep it from feeling stale and overly cute.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Moonrise Kingdom is one of my WA faves. Its glorious in every way.

I think I need to watch Birdman.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What did you think of Walk Among The Tombstones and The Interview?

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@in stitches, if you like tortured cop/ex-cop trying to find retribution by making up for past mistakes stories, you'll probably like it.

The Interview, there were some good laughs, but I enjoyed their previous movie, "This is The End" more.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool. Sounds like Ill probably like Walk Among The Tombstones. Is Liam a bad ass and is there some solid fighting/killing?

The Interview sounds like it will be mildly entertaining. I didnt love This Is The End all that much. I think my expectations were too high for how funny it was going to be.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds awesome. :)

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@in stitches, if you like tortured cop/ex-cop trying to find retribution by making up for past mistakes stories, you'll probably like it.

The Interview, there were some good laughs, but I enjoyed their previous movie, "This is The End" more.

Same here.

The Interview is decent. Franco did a great job playing a complete idiot, and Kim was awesome.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Very good late 70's feel-good flick set in a small Indiana town. I consider it a top "sports" flick.

guccihomme

Reaction score
ter1413, I'm gonna have to see that. I liked Rudy, Field of Dreams (one of the best feel good movies I've watched).

My DVR is filled with classic movies. What's the best of the bunch? Miss Sadie Thompson '54, Eddy Duchin Story '56, Midnight Cowboy '69, Funny Face '57, Last Hurrah '58, An Affair to Remember '57, Pal Joey '57, Power and the Glory '33, Roman Holiday '53, Mr North '88, Houseboat 58, Play it Again Sam '72, Anatomy of a Murder '59, or Annie Hall '77?

Any of them not worth the DVR space? I like feel good movies like Its a Wonderful Life, & good suspense drama like North by Northwest. If the film has fashion value or beauties like Grace Kelly that's a big plus! One of them is a Frank Sinatra flick and I liked the original Oceans Eleven.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads