• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ScarJo should just let those ******* out already. Don't be like Meg Ryan and wait until you're 42

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dallas Buyers Club - Matthew Mcconaughey play exactly the same role he's always played, but since he's a gay, here comes an Oscar.

and this is surprising how? McC is a movie star not an actor.

Pennglock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think history will be kinder to The Counselor than the reception it got. People went in expecting No Country for Old Men Redux. It will have more staying power than the likes of Philomena...

Nikos

Reaction score
Possibly, yes.
I was about to watch Philomena today, so I don't have an opinion on this one yet.

I mentioned his books though, because I feel the movie's major flaw was due to the poor script (not to mention the dialogue).

Pennglock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

im trying to think of anything that sounds more pompous than movie critiques. ah yes, i have it, movie critiques on movies that one has not even seen.

excuse me, ima go scream into a pillow now.

Have pomposity, criticism, and talking out of one's ass fallen out of favor since I stopped regularly checking in to SF?

And when did the least value - add poster in the history of Internet fora start slamming people?

Sheesh.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no, that is the SF style at times, and for some. does not make it less asinine.

i slam people when they say primo stupid ****. the value i add or detract is irrelevant to the absurd comment i called out.

Last edited:

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

And when did the least value - add poster in the history of Internet fora start slamming people?

Sheesh.

Are you implying that a post has to be really, really stupid if stitch is dumping on it? Because I think that's a pretty accurate analysis.

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No one posted anything about the oscars...i think they did a pretty good job of spreading the oscar wealth this year. That being said im a little annoyed that gravity won all visual and sound awards...will make it that much more difficult for nolan next year with interstellar. (giving the bulk of awards to two space movies year after year prob wont happen imo)

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ Are you saying Gravity didn't earn those technical Oscars?

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ Are you saying Gravity didn't earn those technical Oscars?

no, i just said it makes it more difficult for interstellar, which hasnt come out yet...but ill go out on a limb and say nolan will probably do a pretty good job with it.

Id have to revisit the competition for awards gravity received, but I think the directing award could have gone to someone else.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i didnt see 12 years yet, but i thought most of the awards were fair. the only one i was not totally sold on was best director going to gravity. i loved the movie, but i did not see what about was excellence in directing. not a whole lot of moving parts/character or plot development.

it was a fantastic movie from a visual and technical standpoint, and an interesting story, but i am missing what exactly the excellence in directing was.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't understand where all these anti-Gravity (yuk, yuk) comments are coming from but the fact that he only had Sandy to work with and managed to tell an engaging story with less than five pages of dialogue, shows how skillful he truly is. And if you guys want to watch what he is capable of with more of everything (characters, set pieces, etc.), watch Children of Men.

Last edited:

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't understand where all these anti-Gravity (yuk, yuk) comments are coming from but the fact that he only had Sandy to work with and managed to tell an engaging story with less than five pages of dialogue, shows how skillful he truly is. And if you guys want to watch what he is capable of with more of everything (characters, set pieces, etc.), watch Children of Men.

So you are clearly biased towards gravity...im with you stitch.

NEO, your comment in regards to the dialogue, so all movie where the main character is lost and alone ie cast away deserved best director? Ive seen COM, and think it is a great film. And my comments werent anti gravity per say, it was more because i think it will take away from what nolan is going to do with interstellar.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics