• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally got round to watching Sorrentino's The Hand of God last night. It's obviously autobiographical and a lot more 'real' than his masterpieces, The Great Beauty and Il Divo, but it shares the same great casting and performances, beautiful cinematography, quirkiness and careful scene-construction. However, it was a little disjointed and less satisfying as an experience than those great films.

Oswald Cornelius

Reaction score
Still looking forward to an extended director's cut of La Grande Bellezza. There used to be some extended cut scenes on YouTube that really fleshed out some of the events of the film and made it more coherent.

Need to rewatch Youth although I'm not sure if that's for Caine and Keitel or Madalina Ghenea naked. Although a bonus is Madalina Ghenea naked.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Screenshot 2024-01-12 7.31.45 PM.png

Conan the Barbarian . John Milius , 1982 .

what a ******* movie . featuring a bevy of professional athletes ( read : non-professional actors ) including schwarzenegger , dancer sandahl bergman , pipeline surfer gerry lopez , sven ole-thorsen , and ben davidson . and anchored by thespians james earl jones , max von sydow , and mako . incredible .

the film recounts conan's early adventures , from cimmerian youth to slave gladiator to avenger-for-hire . also : unlike much of schwarzenegger's ouevre this is a pretty sensual flick ! recommend !

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 2110121

what a ******* movie . featuring a bevy of professional athletes ( read : non-professional actors ) including schwarzenegger , dancer sandahl bergman , pipeline surfer gerry lopez , sven ole-thorsen , and ben davidson . and anchored by thespians james earl jones , max von sydow , and mako . incredible .

the film recounts conan's early adventures , from cimmerian youth to slave gladiator to avenger-for-hire . also : unlike much of schwarzenegger's ouevre this is a pretty sensual flick ! recommend !
Is this the one where he bones that witch in the hut? Or was that the sequel with Wilt Chamberlain?

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 2110121

This is indeed awesome (with a script co-written by Oliver Stone too).

On the other end of the Arnold spectrum I caught The Running Man on Nixflet yesterday.

1705154877306.jpeg

- here with a poster totally ripping of Rollerball.

Taking place all the way in the future of 2019 I couldn't remember much about it, and with good reason - it's very mediocre. Crazy to think that it came out the same year as the near perfect Predator. Even so I'm still planning to read the book it's based on by Richard Bachman (Steven King).

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

On the other end of the Arnold spectrum I caught The Running Man on Nixflet yesterday.

View attachment 2110267

Taking place all the way in the future of 2019 I couldn't remember much about it, and with good reason - it's very mediocre. Crazy to think that it came out the same year as the near perfect Predator. Even so I'm still planning to read the book it's based on by Richard Bachman (Steven King).
Dynamo rules...

1705162182740.jpeg

barutanseijin

Reaction score
Little known gem of film noir genre;

View attachment 2110633

strong 9/10

That reminds me of Teshigahara’s first full length feature film whose title gets translated into English as “Pitfall “.

I haven’t seen it years but it’s available for streaming on Criterion. It’s worth it for the Takemitsu Toru score alone. I think Takemitsu’s best work came on these type of low budget films where he had plenty of artistic freedom but couldn’t squeeze a lot of instrumentation into the tiny budgets.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 2110267

The book is genuinely good, as I recall. Very, very different.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads